Suggestions on selling?

NHTaco

Hi All, just signed up so I can ask fellow tacoma junkies for suggestions on selling mine. Breaks my heart to sell, I've driven this bad boy for longer than I've had my dog, owned my house, or known my wife. 256k miles, runs mint, driven with care (original clutch!), Interior is great, exterior needs some love but mostly superficial

3.4 V6, manual, extended cab.

Trying to post photos but the files are too big and I just loaded them all to shutterlfy but it won't let me post a link...

Trying to get a feel on cargurus for asking price but it's all over the place. Recommendations on where to sell? how much to ask? anything I'm not thinking of??

Thanks everyone for any tips!

Some pics

Attachments

• AA.jpg
    AA.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • AB.jpg
    AB.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • AE.jpg
    AE.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
  • AF.jpg
    AF.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • AK.jpg
    AK.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • AS.jpg
    AS.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • AW.jpg
    AW.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • AU.jpg
    AU.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
  • AY.jpg
    AY.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Def far from perfect though, does need some cosmetic work

Attachments

• BA.jpg
    BA.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • BD.jpg
    BD.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • BE.jpg
    BE.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • BF.jpg
    BF.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
  • BG.jpg
    BG.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
That's a really nice truck for the year. It's very hard to put a price tag on it for sure. How is the condition of the frame? If it's not rusted out I'm guessing it could fetch anywhere from $6500 to $8000 or so... the mileage does hurt though.. GLWS .
Thanks KP! I admit I didn't always keep it this clean, spent a lot of time detailing (which only makes me that much sadder to sell, hasn't looked this good since I bought it!) It got a new frame in 2015 so that was huge

I got super ambitious and posted it for $8900 see if anyone reaches out but I'm expecting to end up lowering it

Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks KP! I admit I didn't always keep it this clean, spent a lot of time detailing (which only makes me that much sadder to sell, hasn't looked this good since I bought it!) It got a new frame in 2015 so that was huge

I got super ambitious and posted it for $8900 see if anyone reaches out but I'm expecting to end up lowering it

Appreciate the feedback!
$8900 sounds like a good starting point. Those trucks are getting harder to find in decent condition.

Appreciate the feedback!
Post it in tacomaworld.com if you havent already! Good looking taco[emoji111] [emoji102]

That seems incredibly high for the milage, it's a third of the cost of my 2016. You can find plenty of 03's in good condition with less miles on a simple used car search.

That seems incredibly high for the milage, it's a third of the cost of my 2016. You can find plenty of 03's in good condition with less miles on a simple used car search.
I do appreciate the feedback.

It's an insane asking price, right? Like how the heck is a truck with over a quarter million miles on it worth that much? I did the math, I could have driven around planet earth 10 times and it would have had fewer miles on it. I could have driven to the ****ING MOON and it would have had fewer miles on it.

But.... if you search nationwide for 03's, you get 200 results... filter to V6's, down to 139 results. Filter to a manual transmission, you have 9 options, ranging from $7,500 for 205k miles to $18,000 for 138k miles

When I was shopping, v6 and stick were non-negotiable. I guess if you really want a stick, your options are limited and I just happen to have one of the limited supply.

I know I started this thread for opinions and I do appreciate yours. The more I look, the more I think I'm going to at least get close to my asking price.

Last edited:
I thought I would update if it's useful information: I had it on Carguru's and would drop the price every month. On cargurus I got a couple lowball offers and some weak inquiries (ask me if it's still available, I say yes, they don't reply). By the time I got down to $5900, I decided to put it on cars.com too, before I dropped the price any more. On Cars.com I got immediate replies and quality inquiries. I ended up getting $5k cash, I prob could have countered but the guy offered and I was getting antsy so I accepted. He came in from 3 states away and took it, was gone about 1 week after posting on cars.com, and that was a shorter description and less pictures, but it started the conversation. Wish I had posted there when I was still asking for more money, but I like who I sold it to. I know it's just a truck but I'm glad it's going to a "good home".

Bought it in 2006 with 27K miles, for $18k. Sold it in 2019 with 257K miles for $5k, unbelievable.

It hurts a little, had that truck for 13+ years, lot of memories...

Back