Swaping Rear Differentials

Rick Stutts

I rolled my 2001 Toyota Tacoma (manual 5 speed with a v6 and has differential lock) that had around 280,000 miles. This truck has been amazing, but I have about decided it is not worth fixing. Still runs and drives fine, but I need bumper, front quarter panel, driver door, hood, windshield and possibly a cab. I also have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma (6 speed manual with a v6 and no differential lock), that is not near the truck of my 2001. Can I take the differential out of my 2001 and put it under the 2006? How much of a pain would the push button switch be?
Thanks.
Rick

I rolled my 2001 Toyota Tacoma (manual 5 speed with a v6 and has differential lock) that had around 280,000 miles. This truck has been amazing, but I have about decided it is not worth fixing. Still runs and drives fine, but I need bumper, front quarter panel, driver door, hood, windshield and possibly a cab. I also have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma (6 speed manual with a v6 and no differential lock), that is not near the truck of my 2001. Can I take the differential out of my 2001 and put it under the 2006? How much of a pain would the push button switch be?
Thanks.
Rick
I'm thinking to get an honest informed answer you'll have to find an electrical diagram. If it's just a simple push to engage switch that shouldn't be any problem, where the issue comes is if something in the computer program controls the power to or some other function of the switch.

Back