Tacoma 88 Grabbing Brakes Repair

Discussion in 'Toyota Pickup Forum' started by MaxD, Nov 18, 2021.

1. MaxD

MaxD New Member

Hi Forum,
    I'm a newbie here so please forgive my total naivety. There is a 88 tacoma that is available for cheap near where i live and id love to buy it however the advert describes that though its mechanically still good, "there are issues with the grabbing brakes and these components are no longer available"

Given the price id be happy to spend a few grand fixing the issue. But is this something that can be done or am i entering into a world of pain?

Would really appreciate your guy's expertise on this.

Thanks

Max

Scott Wyman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome Max!

'88 Taco and no parts available?.......I'd pass. No parts is probly the reason its 'cheap'!

Scott Wyman likes this.
  4. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Do some research and see if there are any after market parts available. Check Rockauto.com. also keep in mind that the Tacoma name wasn't used until 1995.

B-Man likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.