The advantages or disadvantages of ordering a new Tacoma

Are there any issues with ordering a new Tacoma vs buying off the lot

• Don't use this service, too many issues.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dean Armand

I am thinking of ordering a new Tacoma with with the online process. Was told that the truck that you get It is not always what you order. Anybody have any ideas to share? What is your experience with this process Versus waiting for the truck you want to come to a dealer near You?

I've only ever ordered one vehicle and that was 50 years ago so lots of things have changed. Even though the car was exactly what I ordered it wasn't how I had it pictured. Ever since then I will look around to find what I want that I can drive and kick the tires before I buy.

It use to be higher cost if you had to put in an order for the specific trim tacoma you wanted, vs one sort of similar sitting on a dealers lot they are trying to unload the sooner the better. Today i guess this has changed some with shortages of these trucks at dealers who are charging more now. I would think if ordering the wait may be longer.

I ordered mine and it came out just the way I wanted. Well worth the 3 months wait.
Same here, wanted a certain color, and tech package in an sr5 trim access cab that was built in texas, not mexico. No dealers within 500 miles had anything close. Waited 8 weeks or so, but its all been well with it. I like supporting our countries workers as much as possible.

I wanted a manual with a few options but most available had more than i wanted like a useless key bob opener for the tailgate $$$, lights in the bed $$ not too bad, and other options that i really didn't want. Placed an order wanted 4 months and happy at 3k less than the readily available. The dealership or factory did screw up the options i ordered, wanted mud guards and no floor mats, gave me the opposite. Still working that out

I am thinking of ordering a new Tacoma with with the online process. Was told that the truck that you get It is not always what you order. Anybody have any ideas to share? What is your experience with this process Versus waiting for the truck you want to come to a dealer near You?
I usually offer 3-4 k off the sticker price and advise the dealer that's my offer. I'll go to as many dealers as needed to get the discount or adds on equal to the discount. You can't do that online. Now, with the vehicle shortages the discount would be 1-2 k. Most Tocomas are selling before they reach the lot. Go to a dealer and have them search other dealers inventory for your new vehicle

I ordered mine and was given a serial number to give my credit union. Truck showed up as requested but serial number was not what I sent in to the C/U. C/U told me that wasn’t an issue and it happened all the time with cars and light trucks.

Which was weird for me as with the trucks I order for customers the last 6 of the VIN is set at the time of order and I get the complete 17 digit vin 30 working days before it goes down the line.

I usually offer 3-4 k off the sticker price and advise the dealer that's my offer. I'll go to as many dealers as needed to get the discount or adds on equal to the discount. You can't do that online. Now, with the vehicle shortages the discount would be 1-2 k. Most Tocomas are selling before they reach the lot. Go to a dealer and have them search other dealers inventory for your new vehicle
At the time i ordered my tacoma, the dealer offered me that off the msrp to take a truck off their lot, plus the $1500 rebate from toyota. I know i could even got the cost even lower, but it wasn't the truck i wanted. We finally settled on a fair price to order the truck.

Back