The future of Tacoma Forum?

Tyler21

Hello TF,

My name is Tyler and I run my own Tacoma website. Like Nathan, I am a one-man team (with occasional help from my wife). I am visiting Tacoma Forum with good intentions.

As you may have noticed, TF was recently offline for a while due to a server error. During that time, some of the regulars here joined my forum and that is when I was made aware of the seemingly unknown future of TF.

From my understanding, this website's owner and only staff member, Nathan, has not been responsive to members' concerns about the site. Looking at his account, it shows he logged on in May 2021 but hasn't posted or responded to anything since 2018.

Let me know if I'm wrong by assuming this website is no longer being maintained or moderated and none of you know how to contact Nathan.

With that being said, I would like to try to help in some way because I'm very passionate about the Tacoma community. I don't do what I do for popularity or personal gain, I just genuinely want my favorite hobby to have a resourceful and elitist-free environment when possible.

I'm not exactly sure how I could help either Nathan or the forum regulars of TF, but maybe you guys have some suggestions?

I have experience with running forums and web development since 2005 although it is solely a hobby of mine. I don't make money off of my work; my Tacoma website is completely free of ads and I mostly pay for the cost of running out it + my monthly giveaway contests out of pocket (with help from occasional donations).

I would be willing to buy and maintain TF if that is even a possibility. I'd also be willing to migrate the valuable information here into my website and basically adopt you guys (at no benefit to me).

Or, maybe I'm completely off the mark and no one is particularly concerned with the future of TF. If that is the case, very well.

I hope this message comes off as respectful and not disingenuous.

-Tyler

18 views and no comments. I’ll be the first,,Hello Tyler again and Welcome
Best of luck here with your intentions. From what I’ve read,Nathan’s never around.
I’ve been a member since 2017,,the site has went done on occasion,,probably Server issues I guess,,we never know. For the most part,it’s a great site with a great and knowledgeable group of people.. Just frustrating when you get some new internet Buddies and can’t communicate with them!! Again Good Luck
JBB

Welcome Tyler,
I'm relatively new here too. I used to be with TTORA, which is still around... "kinda"... but it's now a complete shell of what it once was.

It would be great if someone could revive it, hint hint.. as there are many TTORA OGs around that have had to go to this or that "other" site.

Hi Tyler, glad to see someone is concerned about the future of this forum or possibly a good alternative. There are a great bunch of people here and conversations can be had with no name calling or animosity unlike the other site. My only criticism of this site is that according to my phone this is not a secure site so be careful about what personal info is given out. Good luck with you're quest Tyler, wish you the best, hopefully it will all work out.

Back