Turn Signal Issue

rathbone7

I have a 1999 Tacoma 4X4 with a right turn signal issue. When I engage the right turn signal I get a fast flash and no signal. The left signal works and the emergency flasher works. I have replaced the bulbs and the flasher unit and still the problem exists. When I use my hand to slightly lift the lever the turn signal activates, but as soon as it fully engages the signal goes out. I am looking for what to do next. Any ideas?

Sorry I don't have an answer for your issue, but I am wondering how you got the flasher out. I have replaced my turn signal bulbs with LEDs, and now my signals hyper flash. I have read that there are flashers that will flash at a normal rate with LED bulbs installed. I need to remove the flasher to see what kind it is and replace it with one made for LEDs.

LED turn signals will cause the lights to flash fast because of the low power draw. You have to install black boxes to each set of lights. Damn. My mind just went blank on the name of them. They can be bought online anywhere. Resistors maybe. I'm getting old I think!

LEDS don't need the boxes when you replace regular bulbs for reverse, stop, or always on bulbs; but none that flash.

Did you happen to notice if this dash light was on?

11432d1328792800-blinker-fluid-muffler-bearings-image-2096597081.png

And while your checking your fluid you might want to check those muffler bearings, they have a repair kit for them.

muffler_bearings.jpg

They also make an aftermarket gauge so you won't have to check them as often.

images

Back