Undercoating

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by donkhunt, Dec 8, 2016.

1. JayQQ97

JayQQ97 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are at ground zero rust belt :(

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tacojoel

tacojoel Well-Known Member

We get as rusty as anyone. We love our salt, and brine in the northeast.:eek:

JayQQ97 likes this.
  4. JayQQ97

here is a quote from elsewhere...

"The rust belt out east is unforgiving"

for me that is like eastern Iowa on the Mississippi LOL LOL

tacojoel likes this.
  5. tacojoel

Rusts never rests around here. I've never been to iowa. I recently bought a trailer from aluma that manufacture's them there....its made of mostly aluminum except for the torsion axle, and wheels. Been as far west as michigan, its gets rusty there to.

JayQQ97 likes this.
  6. JayQQ97

from my rudimentary understanding the closer to the great lakes you get the worse it gets, because there is always a fine mist of freeze in the air since the lakes don't freeze over and continue to evaporate the large bodies of water

7. tacojoel

Couldn't say...only been there in mid summer to run their national enduro the jack pine. They have nasty woods just like here in the northeast.

JayQQ97 likes this.
  8. JayQQ97

i feel the urge to Test this cosmoline for preventing any rust on the most exotic of Toyota frame metal
    shave the crap pee-coating off (test section) to the naked silvery metal and cosmoline cover it with the amber and run it a winter and see if anything gets under to flash rust

9. JayQQ97

this is very intriguing...
    is it worthy of a long road trip east on US-6

10. tacojoel

Idk, the frame replacement sections look pretty cheesy to me. Toyota replaces the entire frame on the tundra's, and tacoma's when their that bad. Unless your able to coat the insides of these frames, they will rust through starting from there.