Walmart Super Tech Full Synthetic Motor Oil

I always believed that all synthetic motor oil are significantly the same, IMO not just the name brands but man made synthetic motor oil period. I have been using Walmart super tech oil for a couple decades because it is manufactured by a name brand oil company.

You always see a lot of threads "which oil” "Best oil” which always ends up as a pissing contest and it turns into a Internet name calling fight and which believe it or not I try to avoid.

Most of the members that I associate with here (few) know I have a Hellcat, it requires and is in writing to use Pennzoil 0W-40 SRT approved full synthetic motor oil.

I always wanted to get a oil analysis but never pursued it, I contacted Blackstone labs via their website and they will send you several oil sample kits to your house for FREE:).

It comes as a kit shown below minus (the box) it's sitting on.

View attachment 33712

I have been running 5W-30 full synthetic Super Tech in my Redeye since (660 miles) its first oil change to the present of 29,000 miles. In the winter months I use 0W40 Mobile1 because Super Tech to my knowledge do not make it or Walmart just doesn't stock it.

I wanted an analysis of the quality and capabilities of this oil.
I did not tell Blackstone what brand oil or grade I was using.
This is the report:

View attachment 33714
For those that are interested the analysis cost $30 but if you want a TBN score it's an additional $10.

I will continue to use Walmart Super Tech Oil because I have over 100 quarts of it which I bought prior to the crazy hike in oil prices, at the present time it's $29 per 5 quart jug, I bought mine when they were $20.97 per jug so my anticipated thinking of a oil price hike was correct.

Yeah, I'm running out of room.

View attachment 33715
Not knocking you're choice of oil, that's you're choice. The only thing I have an observation about is at the very end it says you're oil filter seems to be doing a fine job, never seen that notation before. My only question is does the super tech oil meet the specs that Mopar requires? I've not followed the hellcats as far as cam and lifter issues suffered by the other hemi's. Good luck and hope it works for you.

Not knocking you're choice of oil, that's you're choice. The only thing I have an observation about is at the very end it says you're oil filter seems to be doing a fine job, never seen that notation before. My only question is does the super tech oil meet the specs that Mopar requires? I've not followed the hellcats as far as cam and lifter issues suffered by the other hemi's. Good luck and hope it works for you.
I don't think there's any problem using the super tech oil as long as it get changed early enough. Other premium synthetics like mobil 1 have additive packages that won't allow the oil to break down as soon.
I've use the 2 cycle super tech engine oil in my outboards for years will no ill effects. It seems just as good as the more expensive name brand oils.

After rereading the report I find it odd that all the elements match the average the whole way down. I've never seen one like this, usually a good report will show at least some of them like copper, iron, and tin will differ from the average, a little better, maybe a little worse.

Back