What do you use your Tacoma for?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Taco Man, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Hey B-Man

B-Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Mornin CT! How you doin'?

Scott Wyman likes this.
  4. Cape taco

Ok its warmer today 31° I can wash the Taco going up to 40 over the next couple days woohoo! How u doin'

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Doin' OK here. Work is gettin' in the way of enjoying life! LOL Gonna be upper 50s here today.........25° high on Saturday! WTH? Mother Nature taking an attitude!

Taco Man, Scott Wyman and Cape taco like this.
  6. OP
    Taco Man

Taco Man Well-Known Member

What's Factory Five? Don't believe I've ever heard of them.

Cape taco likes this.
  7. OP
    Taco Man

Gonna hit 70 here today and tomorrow, then Saturday the high is gonna only be low to mid 40s! Sunday it's gonna be around 50 then start warming up again next week!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  8. Cape taco

Factory Five Racing.com
    Screenshot_2022-01-13-13-19-13~2.png Screenshot_2022-01-13-13-18-52~2.png

Where is here Tacoman? I'm on Cape Cod .

B-Man and Taco Man like this.
  9. tacojoel

tacojoel Well-Known Member

Their a national series of 3 hrs of all out cross country woods racing with moto, or enduro bikes, very physical, and challenging. I ran mostly 125 cc and 250 cc 2 stroke bikes.

Cape taco, B-Man and Taco Man like this.
  10. OP
    Taco Man

Wow! Sounds good to me!

tacojoel, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  11. OP
    Taco Man

Cool stuff! Here is in Dallas County, Texas. Just checked my phone by the way and it's currently 73!

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  12. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Dang! Would love to get 70° weather here. Don't think we'll see that for 4 more months!

Cape taco and Taco Man like this.
  13. OP
    Taco Man

Just checked my phone again and it now says 61 since the sun has gone down. What part of the country are you in?
    Here we can have 20 degrees or we can have 70 or higher in the winter! Some winters are really cold here and other winters are really mild! It was 83 on Christmas Day believe it or not, then my cousin called on video chat from Arizona and said it was I think 45 there and got this funny look on his face when I told him it was 83 here! Lol!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  14. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

South Central Nebraska. 60 miles west of Lincoln. Just today we had a 35° temp shift from wake-up temp to high. 62° today..........rain/drizzle/snow tomorrow with a high of 24° saturday. UGH!

15. OP
    Taco Man

Damn! I don't envy you! The low to mid 40s we're gonna have for a high on Saturday all of a sudden doesn't sound so bad!

16. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Low to mid-40s is good. We're heading down to 13° tonight with 1" of snow. The older I get I hate winter a bit more! LOL

17. OP
    Taco Man

Same here, never been a fan of winter weather either! The older I get the more I hate it! We got down to -2 last February with about 4-5 inches of snow, I didn't go to work for an entire week! As a matter of fact we couldn't work anyway because it turned out they had pipes that froze and burst!

18. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

That same time you were at -2°........we were at -20°.......colder than a well-digger's a$$. -20° makes the Taco ride really rough. LOL Then again, might a$$ was froze too! LOL

19. OP
    Taco Man

Damn! Yeah my a$$ was froze too, was without electricity for 3 days! Still not sure if we can trust the company that runs the power grid in the event of another winter storm like that or worse! They claim they've improved it but who knows???!!!

20. OP
    Taco Man

I have this new piping that's being used now, it's made out of this material that I can't remember what it's called some of you may know what I'm talking about. We had a pipe leaking under the house a few years ago and instead of busting up the floor and fixing the leak the plumber suggested replacing it with this new piping they're putting in all the new homes now that they run up through the attic that doesn't freeze and burst, it expands a little but that's all! I wish I could remember what that's called if somebody knows please post. I still drip the faucets when it gets below freezing to keep the pipes in the walls from freezing! It drives the water bill through the roof but it's lot cheaper than fixing a burst pipe! The new pipes they ran through the attic held up quite well in the -2 temperature, a lot of other people didn't fare nearly as well, burst pipes all over the state pretty much or at least this part of the state anyway!

21. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Those wind turbines might work in some places.....but, when they get ice they go down.....they have 'em here too but shut them down when a storm is coming and the grid is switched over.