What's your favorite national park to visit?

IMG_1484.JPG
We're partial to the Redwoods. That top picture is beautiful is that Zion?
The Emerald triangle. I love hiking and mountain biking through the redwoods. Lady bird Johnson grove is a great hike.
Yes that is Zion. First time I saw Zion I was amazed by the contrast between the red rocks and green floor. The hiking was awesome.

I've enjoyed mount greylock in ma. about 50 miles north of me on snowmobile, but enjoy snowmobile riding throughout mt valin's national park in Quebec more.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed mount greylock in ma. about 50 miles north of me on snowmobile, but enjoy snowmobile riding more throughout mt valin's national park in Quebec more.

have you been here in Maine?

I really like Rocky Mountain National Park. It's not as big as some others but I like how fast you can get around and that it never gets to hot.

i have been in the RMNP 4x now in the past 27 years (Sept/June/Jan(twice)) 3x with this truck lol
and every time i have run into a roadblock and cannot get on the rest of US-34 to exit the park to US-40 in the west
its been a big bummer!

my most recent attempt here...

IMG_5661.JPG

IMG_5663.JPG

Once upon a time ago, we had a nice folding camper. Each month we would spend camping. Many State Parks in TN. Loved 'em all.

I don't recall the name of the park, but it was just a couple hour drive. The park is in Tishamingo, MS. Just a simple small park about 30 sites, woods, lake, quiet..... sites were spaced well apart.

Returning home from DisneyWorld, it was late and long drive, we stopped at a KOA........what a huge mistake that was. Should've stayed in a WalMart parking lot, it would have been more peaceful.

have you been here in Maine?

Yeah, years ago, I visited bar harbor. I had several friends up in Maine. Been to booth bay, and west millinockett a few times. Sill have a buddy up in east machias.

When I raced the blackwater 100 in davis wva. back in the late 80's they had blackwater falls and cannan wildlife reserve not far away..can't remember if state or national...thought at least one of them were.

Just got off the phone with friends vacationing 2 weeks down on Marcos island Florida. 83 degrees today, and turtle central. They told me turtles are everywhere. Hard to drive anything without hitting one. I guess you're not suppose to run them over, even if an accident. I asked them about pythons, and gators....none they heard of.

Back