Where to buy used Tacoma parts

Taco Man

Does anyone know where I can buy used parts for my '02 base model 2wd Taco? Could I possibly buy any online? Are there any Toyota Tacoma wrecking yards in the Dallas, TX area? Also does anyone know if the front bumper and valance from a Toyota 4Runner will fit the truck I mentioned above?

I know you can't find any Tacos in a wrecking yard. Just wondering if there are any wrecking yards in the Dallas area that specializes in them or a website that specializes in them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Go to an Advance Auto Parts store and have them look up the specific parts you are looking for. They have connections with a couple of salvage yards. I've sold several headlight and taillight capsules, door mirrors, door handles, factory wheels for different vehicles. All the parts I've seen you'd be hard pressed to tell them from new at a fraction of the price.

Go to an Advance Auto Parts store and have them look up the specific parts you are looking for. They have connections with a couple of salvage yards. I've sold several headlight and taillight capsules, door mirrors, door handles, factory wheels for different vehicles. All the parts I've seen you'd be hard pressed to tell them from new at a fraction of the price.
Ok will check that out! Thanks!

I've heard of a boneyard somewhere by Joplin Missouri with old tacomas
But I have not been there to verify

I've heard of a boneyard somewhere by Joplin Missouri with old tacomas
But I have not been there to verify
Thanks, I guess I'd have to order parts from them. Long drive from Dallas to Joplin, Missouri.

Kinda sucks that the Toyota trucks don't hardly go to the boneyard but to Mexico and Central America instead. Doesn't seem right, we need used Toyota truck parts here in the US as well. It's a little aggravating actually! I hear Toyota trucks especially Tacos are really popular in Latin America! We still need parts here though! It'd be great iif anyone had enough room etc. on their property to have 1 or 2 Tacos for parts truck(s) where you can just grab your own parts off of it when you need them.

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess I'd have to order parts from them. Long drive from Dallas to Joplin, Missouri.

Kinda sucks that the Toyota trucks don't hardly go to the boneyard but to Mexico and Central America instead. Doesn't seem right, we need used Toyota truck parts here in the US as well. It's a little aggravating actually! I hear Toyota trucks especially Tacos are really popular in Latin America! We still need parts here though!
Joplin is closer than the other yard ive heard about in Denver
And then one by Sacramento California Lol

Most salvage yards scrap anything older than 10 years. They have limited space for derelicts.

So, the '02 models have likely been baled, sold, melted, turned into Gen3..........or other products.

You will need to hunt for remanufactured, repaired or aftermarket clones for part sources.

I have a 41 year old motorcycle, finding parts is nearly impossible. When I find the part, I wince at the price, then pry open the wallet and prepare for the LOML noise.

Most salvage yards scrap anything older than 10 years. They have limited space for derelicts.

So, the '02 models have likely been baled, sold, melted, turned into Gen3..........or other products.

You will need to hunt for remanufactured, repaired or aftermarket clones for part sources.

I have a 41 year old motorcycle, finding parts is nearly impossible. When I find the part, I wince at the price, then pry open the wallet and prepare for the LOML noise.
Yeah I hear ya! Since posting this I've learned to just bite the bullet and pay out the a$$ for parts! I've ordered parts from Rock Auto a couple times, the problem is if it's the wrong part for the vehicle you have to go through the pain in the a$$ to send it back! Also it makes more sense to me to just go to the parts store to buy the part(s) I need because I need it right now and can't wait for Rock Auto to get it here.

Yeah I hear ya! Since posting this I've learned to just bite the bullet and pay out the a$$ for parts! I've ordered parts from Rock Auto a couple times, the problem is if it's the wrong part for the vehicle you have to go through the pain in the a$$ to send it back! Also it makes more sense to me to just go to the parts store to buy the part(s) I need because I need it right now and can't wait for Rock Auto to get it here.
I don't care for rock auto all the parts your car will ever need

I bot a bunch of denso air filters for my rig and ALL sketchy looking china crap from denso

Denso filter from yota dealer are USA made denso

I just don't get it!

Mechanical parts??
What RU looking for
Mechanical parts??
What RU looking for
Nothing now this an older post. In the past I've tried to find things like sun visors, which I actually found in an '04 Corolla, they're slightly different but I made them work. Also a few years ago I wanted to add intermittent wipers to it, of course I couldn't find any Tacos in the wrecking yard. After doing some online research I found what vehicles that wiper switch would interchange with and ended up getting one from a '97 Camry.

Just things like that.

When I do decide to go to a wrecking yard I do some online research first and try to find out if any other Toyota vehicles the part(s) I'm looking for will interchange with an '02 Taco. Thanks anyway!

I don't care for rock auto all the parts your car will ever need

I bot a bunch of denso air filters for my rig and ALL sketchy looking china crap from denso

Denso filter from yota dealer are USA made denso

I just don't get it!
I agree not a fan of Rock Auto either! I had the check engine light come on about a year ago and plugged in my scanner (don't remember the exact code now) it was the code for the upstream o2 sensor. I just went to a local parts store and bought a Denso sensor and reset the CEL and woolau problem solved!

Back