Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

You can change the gear oil every week, but gear teeth, and bearings still degrade from heat, and wear. Usually the silent chain in the transfer case gets noisy around 250k miles.

how does one diagnose that there ?

By pulling them apart, and inspecting components for excessive wear. Usually at 250k most that stuff is played out on borrowed time.
Btw, hauling a few hundred lbs...isn't a big deal.....I can do that with most cars. Towing well over 3k lbs often with a manual is hell on a clutch.

Last edited:
aint no yota mechanic nor slopshop has ever advised me to take a look at that transfer case :confused:
i don't often get to use the 4wd much anymore because it does not snow much around here other than every 3 years now

Its fun, more in tuned with the truck, more control, CHEAPER to buy, no "learning process" like the automated trannies, rare, fun, far less chance of being stolen, fun, rare, cheaper to buy, doesn't shift at the wrong time or place, no constant gear hunting and fun.

so how much Fun can one have?
lmao

there was definite Fun involved rowing the gears again back across the Mississippi river into Iowa yesterday

IMG_0464.JPG

Last edited:
aint no yota mechanic nor slopshop has ever advised me to take a look at that transfer case :confused:
i don't often get to use the 4wd much anymore because it does not snow much around here other than every 3 years now
Course not....did you ever ask them to? Doesn't matter whether you use 4wd or not...how do you think power gets transmitted to your rear driveshaft?
The only reason manual taco's are less stolen is because there's way fewer of them to begin with. I heard of some crazy reasons for vehicles being stolen, but that one ranks right up there.

they know better than I, they are trained and certified and i am not
i should not have to ask as a matter of PRINCIPLE
WTFH ? ? ?

i have no clue how power transferred to where as i am a noob and learning new stuff ALL THE TIME it would seem

^^^ that is a VERY good video presentation imo

but i still have a ??? or 2 or 3 about the proper workings of the MT

When do you suggest I get this new clutch adjusted proper for breakin period

Last edited:
no i am not joking
i have read a few times about the clutch needing an adjustment on the throwout bearing to reduce unessary wear onit

Your clutch has a hydraulic slave cylinder...it's self adjusting at least in all the toyota manual pickups I've owned. Is your taco some sort of special build?

huh??
the pedal travel putting proper pressure on that perhaps needs adjusted for proper engagement
its in the book, the FSM
do U need to C the page it is on

If you mean the clutch pedal free-play....if it was never messed with, and you installed all toyota clutch replacement parts, there's nothing to adjust. You're not dealing with non hydraulic aftermarket clutch's.

Back