Wiper Blades

tacojoel

Got a question on these gen3 tacoma's as far as finding good all weather windshield wiper blades. Been using trico gold blades in the past on my tundra, but now hearing from others there are better brands to choose. This being a 1st tacoma, its got me intrigued what others recommend.

FWIW, wiper blades die due to weather conditions/exposure, scraping dirt and bugs off the windshield.

None of the brands last more than a year here in the Mid-West. I typically buy Trico. I steer clear of the "designer" brands with magic claims.

I do use Rain-X on the windshield about 2X/year. It helps the rain to roll off the windshield at speeds above 45 mph and the bugs don't seem to adhere as firmly. Can't say how much extra duration this adds to the wiper life, but it seems to help.

FWIW, wiper blades die due to weather conditions/exposure, scraping dirt and bugs off the windshield.

None of the brands last more than a year here in the Mid-West. I typically buy Trico. I steer clear of the "designer" brands with magic claims.

I do use Rain-X on the windshield about 2X/year. It helps the rain to roll off the windshield at speeds above 45 mph and the bugs don't seem to adhere as firmly. Can't say how much extra duration this adds to the wiper life, but it seems to help.
My 2020 gen3 stock wipers recently took a dump, reason for this thread, wondering if there's something better others have used out there. I've mostly had trico after trying a few other blades. Seems I always end up going back. On another note, kind of surprised the original stock wipers lasted this long.

Back