Zinc alloy vs chrome ?s

texasred

Looking at tailgate letter inserts for my 2017. Specifically chrome.
I bought some plastic chrome-ish inserts, but they look more silver Han chrome.
I see zinc alloy ones advertised. Anyone have experience with that type metal?
Any recommendations?
TIA

(No chrome coyote jokes, please!)

Zinc is towards the bottom of the protective plateing for steel chrome last a lot longer as long as it is applied correctly. You can have steel zinc plated in many colors but clear and yellow are the most used in the metal trade. Chrome is good as long as you don't scratch through to the metal then it will rust under the chrome. I deal with metal and the plateing every day making electrical components and sheetmetal/machine parts.

Zinc is towards the bottom of the protective plateing for steel chrome last a lot longer as long as it is applied correctly. You can have steel zinc plated in many colors but clear and yellow are the most used in the metal trade. Chrome is good as long as you don't scratch through to the metal then it will rust under the chrome. I deal with metal and the plateing every day making electrical components and sheetmetal/machine parts.
Good info. Thanks for sharing Ron

I use the alloy inserts. But, I shot them with two coats of clear coat before installing. Gives them the same shine as surrounding paint and more durable. If you have then installed just use clear coat on a qtip to add a clear coat layer. Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Back