01 Tacoma

Soulges22

First Tacoma

Hi everyone, im new to the forum, and im also a proud new tacoma owner. I recently bought a 2001 tacoma 4x4, auto, 2.7L, extended cab. I was just wondering what parts i should look to replace and other things to just look out for in general. Any feedback is appreciated! thanks!

Last edited:
How many miles are on the truck? Common to replace on my trucks for that gen was the contacts on the starter, waterpump, and alternator. Then again I took my trucks up to 180k before I got rid of them.

I would check all of the fluids, motor,trans, transfer case and the rears. Also check all of the filters, I did my fuel filter a few times on my old 98. Check and clean the MAF if it needs it. I also put 180k on my 98 taco and the only thing I had to replace other than fluids and front brakes was the starter at about 130k. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
also check your ball joints, esp the lowers.

if the lbj's go when you're on the road, the entire wheel/hub assemble likes to disconnect from the truck

im new to the site and am currently trying to buy a tacoma for the summer and hopefully keep it for good.im wondering how your truck hunting went..im looking at buying the same generation as you any tips? what to look for? what to stay away from?

I started out by doing research about the trucks in general, and from there found out what I wanted the truck to have. Then I just started looking around for one that had what I wanted. I found the one I purchased locally through Craigslist and it seemed like a really solid truck so I went with it! The biggest thing I looked out for was rust since I'm from Pa the road salt eats them up. Good luck in your search!

To me every tacoma is a great truck of all trucks because they are tough truck and of course Nissan lol

Back