05-09 frame recall!

Gee

Sup' guys.... I can't stress this enough, some people didn't get this frame recall letter in the mail. If you haven't, and own a taco from 05-09, get it checked out!!... If u live in a climate with snow and heavy salt use ur frame is probably rotting out. Had mine done a month ago at toyota's expense, and there was a line up waiting for theirs.. They all rot around the catalytic under the drivers seat I've noticed.
Also... I've heard that toyota is ending this campaign at the end of 2015 but not sure.. Get em' checked people!

Sup' guys.... I can't stress this enough, some people didn't get this frame recall letter in the mail. If you haven't, and own a taco from 05-09, get it checked out!!... If u live in a climate with snow and heavy salt use ur frame is probably rotting out. Had mine done a month ago at toyota's expense, and there was a line up waiting for theirs.. They all rot around the catalytic under the drivers seat I've noticed.
Also... I've heard that toyota is ending this campaign at the end of 2015 but not sure.. Get em' checked people!
How did yours go? Mines scheduled to be replaced in 2 to 5 months, or whenever the frame arrives. Im nervous as to what the mechanics can do to monkey around and break parts that the recall doesn't cover, ive heard some pretty upsetting stories

Yea... I was pretty nervous too about the whole thing... And I was having it out with toyota over the phone back and forth. Everything worked out great in the end. Lots of new parts besides the frame that I wasn't charged for..... new leaf springs, control arms, bushings....ect. The only thing is....mechanics get paid half for warranty work, and they look for **** that's not covered and tell u bullshit like it must get replaced. I would suggest to discuss whatever they tell u is wrong with another mechanic

But all in all it's like a new truck. Don't have any of those creaks and squeaks anymore! And my new frame came from Mexico....not the states, whatever that may say

I think they're all made in the same place. We don't make the frames in the plant. I believe they're shipped in from a supplier (whoever that is).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Taco Forum mobile app

Thanks man, that calms my nerves a bit. Still dont like other guys working on my truck though

It took me several trips to the dealership, 3 phone calls to corporate and 9 months after I first dropped off my Tacoma. But I finally got it done.

Back