17" Wheel Options (specs)

Bodacious

Looking to get different 17" wheels for the summer use. Confused on what I need as far as + or - off/set and that type of specs.

Fitment for non-lifted 2014 TRD 4wd.

I believe the common specs are 4.5 back spacing and 0 offset. At least that is what i'm running but with 16's. don't see why that should change due to the diameter.

I called Discount Tire today. They told me that the OEM wheels are:

+30 offset and 4.49" back spacing.....do these dimensions sound correct?

Also said that can go to a -12 with stock tire size. If I'm correct that would be about 1 5/8" further outboard than stock.......am I on track?

I have no idea about them specs? I do know that there is not much clearance between the tire and control arms. Are you familiar with TacomaWorld.com? There is a lot of info on that forum, jump over there and be prepared to read quite a bit. I am a member over there under the same name also btw. I got my specs from reading on there and seemed to be right.

If you want to look for reference, look in my garage. I've had no clearance issue with my specs and I did have the same tire and wheel combo before leveling the front end. Tires are the stock 16" size of 265/70/16 which should be the equivalent of the stock 17's.

Good luck!

Back