1979 Toyota Limited Edition 4x4

Discussion in 'Toyota Pickup Forum' started by Quarterhorsepower, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Quarterhorsepower

Quarterhorsepower Well-Known Member

As I have mentioned before, I owned one of the 1st factory 4x4 Toyota Trucks! They were the "Limited Edition" and they only made 1089 of them. I bought #211 for the full sticker price of $7,999.50 plus tax and license! The only non stock items I have here is the white SnugTop shell (they only came in white back in 79) the rear "Fey" step bumper and the chrome spokes. Those wheels and tires dropped the 16 mpg to 12 mpg and made the truck even more gutless! Still, it was a real looker back then! :thumbup: I had the only one around!:yes: It came with "chrome Dog Dish" hubcaps and white wheels. In 1980 or 81, you could buy one with a chrome grill and bumper, but these Limited Editions, had a plaque on the dash "Numbered" and side fender emblems. Oh, how I wish I still had that truck! :whistling2:[​IMG]

harleyjames likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Quarterhorsepower

I forgot to mention, this was before they offered a 5 speed 4x4! A 4 speed was the only trans available until 80 or 81..

harleyjames likes this.
  4. tacomalimited

tacomalimited 2013 TacomaLimitedDCLB4x4

Nice!!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  5. 808yota

808yota Well-Known Member

Wow what a truck a real classic. Just curious but what ever happened to it did you end up selling it?

6. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

I have a 79 sr5 4x4, are all the 79s considered limited edition? And if so where can I find this plaque with the number on it

7. kenny1225

kenny1225 Member

Classic..love it

8. OP
    Quarterhorsepower

As for the truck, when or second son arrived, I was "not of sound mind" and traded it in on a new Toyora Celica GT.. Still pounding my head against the wall.. And to answer the question if all 79's were limited editions.. NO. Only the first 1089 trucks and they were all red, with chrome front grills and bumpers... If ANYONE has one or knows of one, I have CASH and would like to buy it!

9. PinkTaco

PinkTaco Well-Known Member

Damn that was a looker sorry to see it go

Go taco or go home.

10. baconjo1984

baconjo1984 New Member

What is one of these trucks worth?

11. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

2 million doll hairs!

12. harleyjames

harleyjames Member

where i can found a car like this? amazing

13. harleyjames

harleyjames Member

I'll do the same like you xoxo
    and sorry for asking, did you know where i can find toyota fortuner who looks like in this webs? --> auto2000.co.id
    thanks