1979 Toyota Limited Edition 4x4

Quarterhorsepower

As I have mentioned before, I owned one of the 1st factory 4x4 Toyota Trucks! They were the "Limited Edition" and they only made 1089 of them. I bought #211 for the full sticker price of $7,999.50 plus tax and license! The only non stock items I have here is the white SnugTop shell (they only came in white back in 79) the rear "Fey" step bumper and the chrome spokes. Those wheels and tires dropped the 16 mpg to 12 mpg and made the truck even more gutless! Still, it was a real looker back then! :thumbup: I had the only one around!:yes: It came with "chrome Dog Dish" hubcaps and white wheels. In 1980 or 81, you could buy one with a chrome grill and bumper, but these Limited Editions, had a plaque on the dash "Numbered" and side fender emblems. Oh, how I wish I still had that truck! :whistling2:
rgxen7.jpg

Wow what a truck a real classic. Just curious but what ever happened to it did you end up selling it?

I have a 79 sr5 4x4, are all the 79s considered limited edition? And if so where can I find this plaque with the number on it

As for the truck, when or second son arrived, I was "not of sound mind" and traded it in on a new Toyora Celica GT.. Still pounding my head against the wall.. And to answer the question if all 79's were limited editions.. NO. Only the first 1089 trucks and they were all red, with chrome front grills and bumpers... If ANYONE has one or knows of one, I have CASH and would like to buy it!

As I have mentioned before, I owned one of the 1st factory 4x4 Toyota Trucks! They were the "Limited Edition" and they only made 1089 of them. I bought #211 for the full sticker price of $7,999.50 plus tax and license! The only non stock items I have here is the white SnugTop shell (they only came in white back in 79) the rear "Fey" step bumper and the chrome spokes. Those wheels and tires dropped the 16 mpg to 12 mpg and made the truck even more gutless! Still, it was a real looker back then! :thumbup: I had the only one around!:yes: It came with "chrome Dog Dish" hubcaps and white wheels. In 1980 or 81, you could buy one with a chrome grill and bumper, but these Limited Editions, had a plaque on the dash "Numbered" and side fender emblems. Oh, how I wish I still had that truck! :whistling2:
rgxen7.jpg
where i can found a car like this? amazing

As for the truck, when or second son arrived, I was "not of sound mind" and traded it in on a new Toyora Celica GT.. Still pounding my head against the wall.. And to answer the question if all 79's were limited editions.. NO. Only the first 1089 trucks and they were all red, with chrome front grills and bumpers... If ANYONE has one or knows of one, I have CASH and would like to buy it!

I'll do the same like you xoxo
and sorry for asking, did you know where i can find toyota fortuner who looks like in this webs? --> auto2000.co.id
thanks

Back