1st time toyota owner

A ricer would be the driver not the car. Any vehicle starts normal but adding a whistle tip to the exhaust, pulling the exhaust pipe before the cat, sticking on a Pep Boys hood scoop, cheap PNP HID kits and various other lame mods push you and your vehicle into the ricer zone.

Lol it's loud but raspy at high rpms. But not "ricey". What is your definition of a "manly" sound? Honestly I don't think you will ever get the sound YOU are looking for with this truck.

All I did was dump the catback exhaust and just run it off the cats...and that in itself made a big difference and gave it that "manly" sound most guys look for. Just about the only thing that ppl might complain about is in cab noise. It's not really that bad, it just doesn't bother me as I would think it bother some people.

Dumping off the cat like that causes the exhaust gases to expand to quickly which reduces low to mid range power. Just because it is louder doesn't mean it is faster and I bed your truck sounds like junk.

V6s never sound manly.

Last edited:
Lol it's loud but raspy at high rpms. But not "ricey". What is your definition of a "manly" sound? Honestly I don't think you will ever get the sound YOU are looking for with this truck.

Almost like those loud rams you hear is my definition. And as long as it doesnt sound like those wanna be cool guys driving a civic, i wouldnt mind that.

I have a borla pro xs. It's quiet at idle and has a deep tone with throttle...never raspy and you won't wake the neighbors. Also, cab noise is minimal. You might like that

Yes. Some exhausts have a loud drone that can resonate into the cab, which some people find unpleasant.

Back