2003 tacoma where is front differential fill plug

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by scubascott, Sep 3, 2017.

1. scubascott

scubascott Member

2 hrs and counting. where oh where could the oil fill plug be for a 2003 toyota tacoma front differential. nothing on you tube. going to the autoparts store to by a haynes or chilton . help!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    scubascott

scubascott Member

bought haynes book. useless 3 hrs and counting

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Check behind the driver side CV.

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Is it a prerunner or 2x4?

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  6. OP
    scubascott

scubascott Member

its 4x4 sr5. I FOUND IT. Its on the front of the differential completely covered in crud. Totally in a different place than all the videos on youtube. Supprisingly not much on 2003 models. Good thing is I had some oil left in the differential. Seals are ruined. Probably due to the toyco suspension lift I put on 2 yrs ago. I'll never do that again

7. OP
    scubascott

scubascott Member

I'll probably sue them for damages and waste of my time

8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You should post pictures and do a YouTube tutorial on changing the front diff on a gen1 tacoma :)

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Agreed with OR17TRD. Post a video to save somebody else the same trouble.

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

& pray it isn't down so tight that you strip out the allen head (Mine was froze on my 2000 & soon stripped,what a stupid idea):eek: