2009 tacoma keyless entry programming help

gobblinfool

i chose not to get the package for my truck that included remotes, backup camera, etc.

I bought a keyless entry remote for my truck now, and I cant even get into programming mode. Ive looked at a few different sites and their directions but theyre all the same.

I open doors and close doors, key in key out blah blah, but the locks dont cycle to acknowledge programming mode.

can anyone help? or did anyone else run into this problem?

id rather try to get this remote to work.. I spent $25 on it.. but I'm starting to think there isn't a programming mode on this truck or it has to be activated a different way

i chose not to get the package for my truck that included remotes, backup camera, etc.

I bought a keyless entry remote for my truck now, and I cant even get into programming mode. Ive looked at a few different sites and their directions but theyre all the same.

I open doors and close doors, key in key out blah blah, but the locks dont cycle to acknowledge programming mode.

can anyone help? or did anyone else run into this problem?

If the manufacturer didn't put a remote device in your truck then the after market fobs won't work. Its an easy installation, I recommend Viper...the install does require some electrical knowledge. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you feel comfortable digging around and soldering wires. Get it done by a pro.

Did you buy the remote from a Toyota dealer? It sounds like the programming steps I program the Tacomas. If that's not the case and you purchased them aftermarket then it won't work. Any remote works of of a frequency and that has to match the wireless door transmitter. If it's not all OEM then it will not program. I know some dealers will help out and program for no charge because I do. But some charge you out the rear to do it.

Back