2011 taco pre runner led switchback conversion

8Tacoman8

Has anyone onstalled led switchbacks on a 2011 Taco pre-runner off-road with DRLs? I am researching this and have come up with a potential problem.
One thing is that the stock DRL/turn signal bulb is a 4157 dual element with 2 wires on its socket. When you install LEDs to replace incandesents you will get hyperflashing (rapid flashing) due to the lack of load with the LEDs. To correct this you have 2 options: 1.) install 6 ohm load resistors on the wires to the light. Here is one of the problems: the 4157 socket is 2 wires not 3 like most 4157 or 3157 have. Normally you would attach the load resistor between the turn signal wire and the ground wire on the socket. Since there are only 2 wires on the socket (one for the DRL and the other for the turn signal) how is the resistor grounded? Do you attach one end of the resistor to the turn signal wire and the other to the body ground or do you attach the resistor across the 2 wires? The 2nd option; 2.) Change the flasher relay to an LED type. I have tried to find an LED flasher for the Taco with DRLs and have come up empty. Has anyone come up with an LED type flasher for this application?
Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Less coffee, can sees better and no hyper?
If wired, must haves to much coffes, please be carefull

Less coffee, can sees better and no hyper?
If wired, must haves to much coffes, please be carefull

I'm declaring bullshit on the language barrier too. Your command of the English language is so inferior that you are only capable of communicating in gibberish, yet you knew what a "queef" was.

4367710-troll-internet.jpg

Has anyone onstalled led switchbacks on a 2011 Taco pre-runner off-road with DRLs? I am researching this and have come up with a potential problem.
One thing is that the stock DRL/turn signal bulb is a 4157 dual element with 2 wires on its socket. When you install LEDs to replace incandesents you will get hyperflashing (rapid flashing) due to the lack of load with the LEDs. To correct this you have 2 options: 1.) install 6 ohm load resistors on the wires to the light. Here is one of the problems: the 4157 socket is 2 wires not 3 like most 4157 or 3157 have. Normally you would attach the load resistor between the turn signal wire and the ground wire on the socket. Since there are only 2 wires on the socket (one for the DRL and the other for the turn signal) how is the resistor grounded? Do you attach one end of the resistor to the turn signal wire and the other to the body ground or do you attach the resistor across the 2 wires? The 2nd option; 2.) Change the flasher relay to an LED type. I have tried to find an LED flasher for the Taco with DRLs and have come up empty. Has anyone come up with an LED type flasher for this application?
Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A ground is a ground. It doesn't matter if it's off of a black wire at the socket or the chassis etc. I am surprised the socket does not have a ground wire as they are usually plastic and everything around them is plastic, so I don't know where the ground would be coming from. But, whatever ground the bulb is using should be good for the resistor. I haven't had to change a bulb in my Tacos yet so I never popped a socket out to take a look at them.

But i do like the kermit guy lol

From gibberish due to a complete lack of English language skills in every post, and then like magic, you post a basic, functioning sentence complete with contemporary jargon.

From gibberish due to a complete lack of English language skills in every post, and then like magic, you post a basic, functioning sentence complete with contemporary jargon.
Indeed.
Things work well with coffee

Still made more sense than most of the terrible advice, on this forum.

Back