2012 taco 4.0 supercharge?

BugEye

im a diesel tech for ford and know very little about modding tacomas but I have a 2x4 2012 with 120k miles and saw they make low boost supercharger kits for these motors that include injectors, tune, and all the needed hardware. Does anyone have experience with boosting the 4.0? How do they handle boosts? is there a common motor that people like to swap the 4.0 with for boosting? do people rebuild the 4.0 to boost? I'm looking to build a fun little street taco that I can take to Laguna Seca. I recently saw someone post a lowered turbo taco at the track and it lives in my head rent free now. Not worried about hurting this motor/trans. I have the means to rebuild/swap and have a 5spd ready to swap out the auto when its time.

Slap the Magnuson kit on there, get Toyota to flash it preferably, then off u go.
Remember to run 91 octane

Slap the Magnuson kit on there, get Toyota to flash it preferably, then off u go.
Remember to run 91 octane

XD love that supercharger sound. looks like a lot of fun. my daily is an sti swapped 03 wrx so im familiar with having to run 91. i still put 91 in my tacoma out of habit lol

The 4.0 does just fine with a blower, I do suggest changing the pulley to a 2.85 it rlly wakes the truck up.
It's a rabbit hole

The 4.0 does just fine with a blower, I do suggest changing the pulley to a 2.85 it rlly wakes the truck up.
It's a rabbit hole
is there any other fourms, shops, people that boost tacos that you know of? the information is really bare out there and mostly dedicated to offroad. i know a street tacoma isnt most common build.

Back