2013 dbl cab engine knocking

When accelerating, I hear a knocking noise noticeable to passengers also. Brought in to dealer who researched it. Apparently Toyota is aware of the problem and is in the process of TSB. Was told its some sort of spark problem and will be replacing ECO computer when TSB is complete

Never heard of an actual solution for this except higher octane. I have only heard my truck knock once when going up an incline with the AC on at low RPM.

Technical Service Bulletin. The auto maker confirms that there is a problem but it isn't a safety issue so it isn't mandatory for the dealer to fix it.

When accelerating, I hear a knocking noise noticeable to passengers also. Brought in to dealer who researched it. Apparently Toyota is aware of the problem and is in the process of TSB. Was told its some sort of spark problem and will be replacing ECO computer when TSB is complete
Am having the same problem and the solution suggested was to use higher octane fuel. It works but it costs another $.20 per gallon. This was not true on my earlier model and never experienced a problem. Hope they can find a solution to that problem. Do we have any recourse to Toyota about this problem?

Having this same issue with my truck that only has 10k miles. Only when accelerating, it's like a ticking noise that I know isn't right. Especially when I'm pulling my boat. Taking it in soon to see what they say

Anyone have any luck? My 2013 Tacoma double cab is doing the same thing - engine knock. Especially with the AC on or going uphill.
Thanks

Back