2014 Tacoma brake noises

JimMontana

Has anyone had a loud, snapping, crunching, spring compressing noise coming from the front brakes when depressing them on a 2014 Tacoma? My local dealer and Toyota Motor Corp say it is normal on the Tacoma to hear this. It started at about 21,000 miles and I now have 34,000 miles on the pickup. This winter, the sound almost goes away, until it gets up into the 30 degree temps. The sound is not only annoying but when I pull up to a stop light or stop sign, folks on the sidewalk almost jump out of their skin due to the noise. If you can relate to this, how did you get the problem resolved? This has not affected the brakes ability to stop the truck. Thanks.

I have a similar noise from the front of my '13 Taco also. Like a snapping sound when first depressed. doesn't do it all the time. The dealer also said it's "normal". I have about 30K miles. Kinda frustrating.

Yes, it is frustrating for sure. Can't help but wonder how a problem can be deemed normal just so they can ignore it.

Just another annoying sound with my truck. That's three! The other two are the ticking sound from the engine and I think it's the smog pump, that sounds like it stays on for a few seconds after turning off the ignition. Just frustrating. I thought Taco's were well engineered.

Just another annoying sound with my truck. That's three! The other two are the ticking sound from the engine and I think it's the smog pump, that sounds like it stays on for a few seconds after turning off the ignition. Just frustrating. I thought Taco's were well engineered.

Yep, it's the smog pump that runs after you turn off the engine

My old pickups never made half the noises my new ones make. Only one small difference I see from the old ones vs. the new ones. That little sticker inside the door on the old ones says made in Japan. New ones say Cali. USA. :)

Mines a 13 and does the same thing!! Kind of annoying..sounds like a couple of pieces of metal slapping together and only does it every so often.. Sucks that it's "normal" though

Back