2014 tacoma

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by constantine, Feb 18, 2018.

1. constantine

constantine Member

Squeaky suspension. Need help, can’t locate the noise. Squeaking don’t stop...getting in/out the truck, while driving, lil’ shake...etc.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Coils? Front shocks? Rear leafs? All of it? Can’t help without knowing where it’s coming from. If you can post video of it squeaking and where it’s coming from we could give you some things to try.
  4. OP

constantine Member

It’s when the truck is push down. I can hear the noise around the front shocks
  5. OP

constantine Member

I’m new to the forum, can we post video here, if yes how?
  6. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

"It’s when the truck is push down"
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Push down? Like over bumps and stuff? Or under a load?
    kp.taco likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Best way is to upload the video to YouTube and post the link for it.
    Bogunn likes this.
  9. OP

constantine Member

Just by getting inside the truck
  10. OP

constantine Member

Not even a load, even my 5yrs old son shake the car it squeak
  11. drtyota09

drtyota09 Member

I’d start by pressure washing all of your suspension. Tends to work on mine I think some dirt and stuff gets stuck inside where you don’t want it Once it dries I use some heavy duty silicone spray because it’s clear and dries so stuff doesn’t stick to it. Any lube will work tho make sure to spray the leaf springs well
    OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  12. OP

constantine Member

Ok will try that thanks, if it doesn’t work I’ll upload video on youtube
  13. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

I'm fighting the same thing with my 2015 4X4, but only seems to squeak while off-roading.
  14. OP

constantine Member

No luck I sprayed the bushing, still squeak. But haven’t try the sway bar rubber bushing
  15. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

I also sprayed the rear leaf areas and didn't do anything. BUT, after driving it more it sounds like it's coming from the front and not the rear. Going to spray WD40 on the front sway bar bushes and see if that helps.