2015 Door Lock Programable?

WiskyT

Hey all, new to the forum. I just got my second Tacoma. I had an '08 Prerunner until I replaced it with a 305hp Mustang in '12. I missed the Tacoma so much, I basically got an identical '15. The Mustang was a lot of fun, but it was a PITA to climb in and out of. The wheel doesn't tilt up enough, about an inch or so, so getting under the wheel, while staying over the seat, and not hitting your head on the edge of the roof or door window, all while supporting your entire weight on one leg as you limbo dance in there becomes a real drag after a while.

Anywhoo, I have become accustomed to cars locking themselves upon achieving forward motion etc. I realize it's a small issue, and I could just get used to locking it manually as part of my routine, but is there anyway to program the "settings" for the door locks? I found one online tutorial for '13 Toyotas generally, but it had no effect on my '15 Tacoma.

FWIW, it's a 2wd, V6, automatic,four door, Prerunner with the standard keyfob remote. There is no alarm, remote start etc. It is straight from the factory with no mods or hacks etc.

Thanks in advance, and also for the hose clamp/tailgate anti-theft idea that I got off of this forum as a lurker.

I don't think the 15 is programable. I went with a viper alarm remote start in mine and programmed it to do the auto locks.

As Vypr said, you can do it through an aftermarket security system. To do the mod yourself, do some research as to what part activates auto door locks in other Toyotas and see if it can be applied to your Tacoma... Good luck!!

Last edited:
He's talking about the door locks not the tailgate. Lol
Actually, it was the last thing he mentioned in his post. I completely understand that he's talking about the door locks in general, and how he would like them to be like other vehicles that automatically lock when you take it out of park.
As for the tailgate anti-theft mod, I posted mine a while back and was checking with him to see if it was mine that he was referring to...

Actually, it was the last thing he mentioned in his post. I completely understand that he's talking about the door locks in general, and how he would like them to be like other vehicles that automatically lock when you take it out of park.
As for the tailgate anti-theft mod, I posted mine a while back and was checking with him to see if it was mine that he was referring to...
My bad man. Do you like the Pop n lock? Does it work with the camera? And is it easy to install?

Sorry, I don't remember exactly which thread I saw it in, but it was the hose clamp with the removable key thing mod. It's not exactly impervious to any and all possibilities, but I can say from personal experience that it will discourage the types of people who are looking to swipe a tailgate.

If I was running for office, I would say that it was Napalm's thread. Everyone would feel great about it and even when I got caught lying about it in a few months, the media would buy my explanation of it all.

10-4 on the locks not being programmable. It's not big deal, I just knew that if it was programmable, you guys would know how to do it. I'm not going to mod this truck beyond hooking up a separate 12V outlet on a circuit that is hot with the key removed. I think I will actually rig it with alligator clips and keep it stowed 99% of the time since I will rarely need it. It's just that when I do, it will really be needed. I can just unroll it, clip on the leads, and charge away. Stowing it when done will ensure that I don't leave something drawing over a weekend when the truck might go several days without being used. Being portable, I can also use it another vehicle.

My '00 Intrepid had a nice feature, you would swap a fuse location, as per the manual, to make the outlet always hot, or only when the key was on. You just popped the fuse out of say #9 and moved it to #10 depending on how you preferred it.

Dang. Very nice. I bet that was the cheapest mod you ever did. I noticed how easy the tailgate lifts up. Not a fan of that. I like your mod. Think I'll give it a try
Actually, the cheapest mod I've done and probably ever will do, hands down, Anytime Fogs!! Little bit of wire and some electrical tape; costs less than one doll hair...

Back