2015 I4 4WD terrible mileage

righty

MODS I thought I lost the other post - sorry, please delete - I have two almost identical posts here.

I love my new truck, a 2015 certified used at about 28k, but was concerned the milage was lousy. I recorded the odometer at the last fill up and with this fill up I calculate 9.2 mpg!?!?!? All city driving and mostly driving like an old lady. They supposedly checked everything as part of it being certified. It has super lousy new tires from the dealer - Primewells - but surely garbage tired can be this bad on milage. It is due for it's 30k checkup soon - what can I have them check please? I know, air filter, 02 sensor, cat converter, plugs... This is really depressing me.

MODS I thought I lost the other post - sorry, please delete - I have two almost identical posts here.

I love my new truck, a 2015 certified used at about 28k, but was concerned the milage was lousy. I recorded the odometer at the last fill up and with this fill up I calculate 9.2 mpg!?!?!? All city driving and mostly driving like an old lady. They supposedly checked everything as part of it being certified. It has super lousy new tires from the dealer - Primewells - but surely garbage tired can be this bad on milage. It is due for it's 30k checkup soon - what can I have them check please? I know, air filter, 02 sensor, cat converter, plugs... This is really depressing me.
A tune up can help improve mpg.

Driving habits and vehicle maintenance are key here.

I average 17.5 in my 09 dcsb 4.0 4x4 And this is mostly short trips to and from my daughters school every morning. I average around 20 MPG on the hwy.. So yeah 9.2 is pretty lousy..

Coming home I was driving 62mph against a 30mph headwind in 5th gear and was averaging 20.5mpg.......didn't think that was too bad.

Back