2016 Broke & Toyota has no idea what wrong!

Jim Burns

I pulled out of the car wash in my White 2016 4d long bed TRDSport, 5000 miles (love this truck) Well engine light comes on, so I turned off the truck & restarted. Engine light was still on. I figured I'm 2 miles from the Dealer. Fast forward 2 miles. Truck stalls 6 times in front of the dealer. Roll the truck into the service line. Red light come on EXTREM HEAT in transmission. apparently, 3 of the 6 cylinders are not working. They have no idea what's wrong. Toyota corporate has open a case. We shall see what transpires today. Oh yeah, the service tech said maybe it was a mouse or rat eating wires, which is not covered by Toyota. I spoke with the mechanic & he has found no eaten wires at all, and had no idea what's wrong. Keep in mind, my garage that looks like a Nascar garage, and 3 dogs, 2 cats. I haven't seen a rodent on my property in 10 years.

Pulled out of the car wash and electronics/sensors go crazy? Has to be water in a network or sensor connector. Did you spray wash under the hood? It will be interesting to see if this still exists after it all dries out.

I pulled out of the car wash in my White 2016 4d long bed TRDSport, 5000 miles (love this truck) Well engine light comes on, so I turned off the truck & restarted. Engine light was still on. I figured I'm 2 miles from the Dealer. Fast forward 2 miles. Truck stalls 6 times in front of the dealer. Roll the truck into the service line. Red light come on EXTREM HEAT in transmission. apparently, 3 of the 6 cylinders are not working. They have no idea what's wrong. Toyota corporate has open a case. We shall see what transpires today. Oh yeah, the service tech said maybe it was a mouse or rat eating wires, which is not covered by Toyota. I spoke with the mechanic & he has found no eaten wires at all, and had no idea what's wrong. Keep in mind, my garage that looks like a Nascar garage, and 3 dogs, 2 cats. I haven't seen a rodent on my property in 10 years.
What was the outcome of this?

Back