2017 inferno red Tacoma TRD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stano, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Stano

Stano New Member

just took my truck in for the 5000 checkup. Experiencing engine surge. The dealer said they did not find anything wrong. Any one else having issues?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    It’s a common issue. It could be axel wrap, transmission, or A/C compressor etc. causing engine RPM raise at idle.
    Either way, get used to it. It’s a Taco issue.
    My gen three has gotten tremendously better with it. Since the ECU has “learned” driving style.

B-Man likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

B-Man, Bogunn, Crawdad and 1 other person like this.
  5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Now you get it.

B-Man, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Only time I notice the engine surge you described is in the morning during warmup.....turn the steering wheel and the engine surges jus a bit.....after it's warmed up never happens again. Don't notice it with A/C on.

7. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!