2017 SR5 Trouble switching back from 4WD back to 2WD

><DELTADAWG><

I have a 2017 SR5 and I can easily get into 4WD - always doing it in neutral gear selection. Everything works fine while in 4WD but I really have trouble getting back into 2WD - also doing this in neutral. The ops manual said that if the 4WD indicator continuously blinks during this process, to drive forward until it engages back into 2WD. When I do this, it makes a NASTY clunk sound after about rolling 10 or so meters. Is this normal? Does not sound like it is. Regards.

OK - I switched on the fly like you said and it still makes a nasty clunk when going back into 2WD. My buddy told me to put it in Neutral and switch it to 2wd - if it doesnt go back to 2wd - throw it in reverse for a second and try it again. I did this and it worked first time without any hard knocks.

OK - I switched on the fly like you said and it still makes a nasty clunk when going back into 2WD. My buddy told me to put it in Neutral and switch it to 2wd - if it doesnt go back to 2wd - throw it in reverse for a second and try it again. I did this and it worked first time without any hard knocks.

Did you let go of the throttle before attempting the shift into 2wd?

I worked in remote areas all my career. All you need to do is turn the 4W to 2W. Back about a truck length and it will release. Another is let off the gas so the truck can coast in a straight line . The slack in the drive will cause it to release.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Back