2017 Tacoma sr5 v6 question

BRANZ_04

Had my tacoma for about 6months now but I was wondering if I do a 3/1 inch lift will it void my vehicle warranty!! I did some research already but I'm getting different answer so let me know! By the way with the 3/1 inch lift I'm going to be running 20x10 -19 hostile wheels with 31s tires will that cause a problem let me know what you guys thing if it will cause rubbing issues thanks

Your entire warranty won't be void. Only issues that are related to your lift and tires. You might get some rubbing when turning hard due to the width. The height will be ok.

Last edited:
One of the issues you could have from the lift is the drivers side needle bearing will start to intermittently hum around 35 mph. My 2017 TRD off-road did it, toyota will fix it if you have them install the lift.
If you have another shop do it or DIY a company named ECGS or east coast gear supplies makes a bushing for the needle bearing that will eliminate the intermittent hum hum.

Is it for only 4 wheel drive or for 2wd? cause I only got a 2wd let me know thanks

After you lift it Im sure you'll know if you needs it or not. It doesn't do it on all of them. About 1:10 will get the hum.

I haven't heard of anyone with a 2wd complain about it. Not many people lift a 2wd. ECGS's web site says the bushing is for all Tacoma's 2005 and newer.

Last edited:
Thanks whippersnapper, might be why I haven't heard anyone complain about that issue. I wasn't even thinking about that. I haven't owed a 2wd vehicle in a really long time.

Back