2017 Toyota Tacoma transmission. Come on Toyota!!

I asked about the bump after stopping. He had a name for it I can't remember what he called it. They know and are well aware of it. He said the bump after stopping was the drive line angle when the transmission is shifting down it will do that after stopping. Also normal.
I’m dealing with the same problem “clunk before stopping” for the past 6 month, my toyota field inspector described it as the truck should down shift from 3-1 sometimes it shifts 3-2-1 and hold the second gear for a few seconds and producing that clunk but they call it “normal characteristics of the vehicle” and I call it BS., any update on yours ? I was told that all of them do it too, I don’t buy that

Last edited:
I’m dealing with the same problem “clunk before stopping” for the past 6 month, my toyota filed inspector described it as the truck should down shift from 3-1 sometimes it shifts 3-2-1 and hold the second gear for a few seconds and producing that clunk but they call it “normal characteristics of the vehicle” and I call it BS., any update on yours ? I was told that all of them do it too, I don’t buy that
No update on that issue. As of now it’s “normal”

Is the tsb 62 the same as tsb 58 . Had my appointment this morning. Took about 2.5 hours will report back after driving a little

Is the tsb 62 the same as tsb 58 . Had my appointment this morning. Took about 2.5 hours will report back after driving a little
From the stats on both updates.....0058-18 and 0062-18 are the same. My dealer told me last week they updated my TRDOR with both but the 0062-18 supercedes the 0058-16. It won't upload 0062-18 without uploading 0058-18 first is what I was told by the service mgr.

New member with my first Taco, 17ORTRD, I’ve been reading the post about down shifting because I have the same issue. Is it safe to say the reflash solves the problem for everyone? Hate to think my first Toyota will also be my last Toyota if this doesn’t fix the problem.

New member with my first Taco, 17ORTRD, I’ve been reading the post about down shifting because I have the same issue. Is it safe to say the reflash solves the problem for everyone? Hate to think my first Toyota will also be my last Toyota if this doesn’t fix the problem.
It doesnt resolve it completely but is a tremendous improvement!

Like @B-Man said it will help. Also run it in S mode and turn ect on helps.

We’ve had 45mph winds the last couple of days. Turned the ECT on and the Taco runs like a champ against the winds. Doesnt get out of 5th but it seems to like the higher RPMs.

Weird. Haven’t found the downshift clunk, but the downshift engage from low sped lag ( like accelerating after a speed bump) is still there. TSB help????

I had a guy pull up to me at a gas station and asked if I had any trouble pulling my boat? I said yes the transmission stays in 4th gear on cruise control. He then told me about Orange Virus, which helped him fix that issue when he pulls his boat. I checked into it, but is expensive. Around $700 last time I checked. Since I don't pull my boat often I just rely on what I have. Sucks Toyota can't fix this problem.

Hello all, new to the forum and the Taco world. I have a 17 TRD sport auto trans that is having these surging issues. It does it horribly on cold starts, the rpms will drop to below 500 and the surge up to 2000 and then level out at 1300 or so until its warmed up, it will do that surge a cple dozen times in a 3-4 minute time frame then when it idles down after warming up it will continue to do it just not as frequently. Mine also "surges" like that when reversing or coming to a complete stop. I also notice the rpms will spike right before it shifts up or down. What the hell man!?!? I bought this truck 2 months ago and it had 13900 miles on it and it has 18000 on it now. I only started noticing the cold start surges a cple weeks ago but the warmed up idle surges and the surges while reversing and downshift or shifting up in gears has always been there. And don't get me started with the cruise control, it might as well not even be there. What do I do???

Back