2017 Wiper Issue?

Gadget

I am hoping someone can verify this issue. On all the intermittent wipers including my wife's Camry when you select the larger bar the wiper time is increase between wipes. When you select the smaller bar the wipe time is shortened. EG Big bar slower, small bar faster. My control in my 2017 Taco is just the opposite.

Can some verify that is right? Seems really backwards...

IMG_7326.JPG

IMHO they are ass backwards. See this Toyota video at 30 secs to 45 secs. The shorter bars should be less time between wipes and the larger bars should be more time between wipes. Just saying...

My 2017 TDR OR is that way as it should be.
Normal operation and makes since to me.
Smaller=slower, larger=faster it's an increase in bar size i.e. Increase in speed.
If yours is faster on the smallest bar and slower on the larger bar it sounds like someone crossed some wires at factory :confused:

Last edited:
I just checked the Camry, GMC and Corvette again. When bar is large the time between sweeps greater. When the bar is smaller the time between sweeps is less. The Toyota Camry is the same. Must be a GM thing and the Camry is just wired backwards????? Not big deal just a little peculiar. The bars are opposite with the smaller bar on top and bigger bar on bottom on the three vehicles. (Taco is screwed up so I better sale it :))

My 2006 Silverado wipers operated the same as my Tacoma-the wipers went faster as the bars got larger.

Thanks Taco Rick !! That pretty much explains the reason. All our cars go opposite with bars. Your control (1st photo) our control (2nd photo).

M

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 15.13.55 PM.png

IMG_7328.JPG

Back