2018 Tacoma Released

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by flyinglentris, Dec 9, 2017.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

At this time Toyota will not lift them and recommends not lifting them. That could change at any time. For meow that’s what the census is saying.
    Like whippersnapper02 said lift it and turn the features off.
    Just know Toyota won’t honor any warranty work for any parts effected by any after market parts. They are going to includes all the new safety stuff and what ever they want to say it’s integrated with. I’d let the bugs get worked out of the TSS-P before I started modifying it. I have a feeling there will be some issues that require fixing.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoHog17

TacoHog17 Well-Known Member

They added Hangry to the dictionary last year. Anything is possible. Lol

Tacomania and whippersnapper02 like this.
  4. pmhoskin

pmhoskin Member

Hello everyone. Yesterday I bought a 2018 Tacoma that is on a train being delivered to Toronto.
    Tacoma Double Cab, TRD Pro in Blazing Blue. Hopefully I will have it before the new year!

Rocket tech, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  5. OR17TRD

Congrats on the Tacoma Pro. Welcome to the forum. Is it Calvary blue? They don’t have blazing blue in the Pro model. Post pictures when you get it :)
    2586DB25-1FC2-4397-B47B-68596B231752.jpeg

6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

7. pmhoskin

pmhoskin Member

Sorry, It is the Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 V6 6A with TRD Sport Upgrade according to the Toyota Canada website. The contract is hard to read in Ontario, when they don't have a VIN. The joys of having the dealer divert a truck on a train arriving in Toronto today.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OP
    flyinglentris

flyinglentris Well-Known Member

pmhoskin, you are one of two members who claim to have purchased a 2018 so far. Post a pic when you can.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

9. pmhoskin

pmhoskin Member

I pick up my truck tomorrow evening. I will post a picture tomorrow or Thursday.

10. AbsurdBuffalo

AbsurdBuffalo Active Member

I was just talking to the 'accessories manager' at the dealer I just got my 2018 from and he informed me that they have a calibration assembly that they can use adjust all the sensors after putting a lift on. He said they'd do it as part of the lift install should I go with them, or, I can bring it to them after the lift is put on, and they'll recalibrate it for a small fee.

11. OR17TRD

That’s why I said at this time and That could change at any time. I didn’t think it would take them long to figure something out. It’s a freakin Tacoma. Can’t lift it haha. Come on!

Bogunn likes this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s good to know. Glad they got a fix. That answers the questions on a lot of threads too.

13. AbsurdBuffalo

Yeah, it sounded like it was an 'official' solution from Toyota, but I didn't ask too many details on what the process entails.

I suspect any dealer should be able to do it if it is indeed a solution provided from Toyota, but I'd check with your local dealer to see if they've got the process up and running. Probably do though as he mentioned the process was the same for the 4Runner (and probably the Tundra and Camery (you know, incase you wanted to lift one!))

14. OR17TRD

15. OP
    flyinglentris

flyinglentris Well-Known Member

Lift a Camary? There are probably people out there who might boost one, but lift one?

16. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

OR17TRD likes this.
  17. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You know you’ve always wanted to lift a Camry kp.taco.
    I bet there’s a thread somewhere on a forum out there where someone asked what kind of lift to use for their Camry and what the max size tires were.

OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  18. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Maybe I can talk my wife into this .. She has a Camry lol

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  19. OR17TRD

You got to fit the 24’s some how.

Bogunn likes this.
  20. deacon

deacon New Member

Waiting for Toyota to get the auto transmission shifting issue resolved. When I hear that has been accomplished I will jump on one.

21. AbsurdBuffalo

Get a manual! :)