2019 Tacoma SR5 (tires; Help!)

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by latinruiz77, Jul 11, 2020.

1. latinruiz77

latinruiz77 New Member

Hello all. I need some advice. I own a 2019 Toyota Tacoma sr5 and I want to get bigger and aggressive tires without any lift. I presently have 245/75R16. Any suggestions? 20200710_111550.jpeg

tooter, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Keeping the same rims, and just swapping tires?

4. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

And welcome to the forum!

5. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

You should be able to go with a taller tire, but maybe just a more aggressive tire will do. Maybe some Wild Peaks from DT.

6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome!

latinruiz77, tooter and B.C. like this.
  7. OP
    latinruiz77

latinruiz77 New Member

Yes. I want to keep the same rims. Just swap bigger and aggressive tires. What size can I go up? And I dont want to lift . What size and brand. Thanks in advance

tooter likes this.
  8. OP
    latinruiz77

latinruiz77 New Member

I want to keep the same rims. Just swap bigger and aggressive tires. What size can I go up? And I dont want to lift. Thanks in advance

tooter likes this.
  9. OP
    latinruiz77

latinruiz77 New Member

Yes. Yes. I want to keep the same rims. Just swap bigger and aggressive tires. What size can I go up? And I dont want to lift . What size and brand? Thanks in advance

B.C. and tooter like this.
  10. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

265-75-16

B.C. and tooter like this.
  11. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

If you go to taller tires, you'll need to recalibrate your speedo and odo. Taller tires have fewer revolutions per mile.

B.C. likes this.
  12. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 Tacoma SR5 like yours. Currently riding on a set of Laufeen X-Fit AT tires in 245 75R-16 (orig size). I really like these tires.. worked great on my 2009 Tacoma.
    upload_2020-7-23_22-34-43.jpeg

B-Man, B.C. and Scott Wyman like this.
  13. 265/75-16 Cooper AT3’s. IMG_0054.jpg

B-Man, B.C. and Scott Wyman like this.
  14. ScottRodd

ScottRodd Member

265/75/16 ,I did install 2" leveling spacers in front..$65 Rough Country alum..from 4WheelParts.com..about 30 min each side to install.very simple 20200704_091154.jpeg 20200720_085902.jpeg

B-Man likes this.
  15. ScottRodd

ScottRodd Member

I went with this size so I have enough sidewall to air down for the beach as its a 2WD and git the $65 portable 12v compresor ar Harbor Freight. Comes with a slick carry bag and 16' hose.they both come with the bag shown.I got the top one Screenshot_20200725-225104_Chrome.jpeg

B-Man likes this.
  16. ScottRodd

ScottRodd Member

PRO COMP A/T

B-Man likes this.
  17. HiddenX

HiddenX Member

No lift required.
    17” Wheels = 265/70 R17
    16” Wheels = 265/75 R16

Best looking tires (IMO)
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    BFG K02

If your not doing a lot of off-road, I would recommend trying to find a C load range tire in the sizes listed above.
    I have the 4 ply Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17s and I love them.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020