2019 TRD Off Road

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by cwhit16, Feb 25, 2019.

1. cwhit16

cwhit16 Member

Going to trade in my TRD Sport tomorrow for an off road. What options / colors would you suggest. Yes I plan to do minor off roading

Scott Wyman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Taco_Truck

Taco_Truck Well-Known Member

For an off-road sporting vehicle nothing is better than being spartan imo. I have a TRD off-road and love, not too many bells and whistles and came in at a great price for that reason. One of my favorite colors they put on a Tacoma was Cavalry blue, but at the time that color was exclusive to the pro, mine is a 2018. Now for 2019 you can get it on the offroads since the voodoo blue replaced it on the pro (imo Calvary still wins). So when I was shopping my top colors were in this order Quicksand, Cement, and the Barcelona Red. I ended up in cement and LOVE it. My favorite color by far now and I may bet bias but the versatility of the color is awesome. A Flat Gloss no pearl grey from a distance, but then in the right light pearl pop! Love it. But all in all I don't think the Tacoma looks bad in any color. Good luck!

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  4. indy_taco

indy_taco Active Member

2nd the Cement! I had my 2019 TRD OR brought in from a different state so I could have the Cement color with the options I wanted. I prefer cloth over leather, leather is cold in the winter and hot in the summer. It's easier to clean than cloth but I also take my dog with me a lot so I didn't want him ripping or scuffing the leather jumping into the truck.

5. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

The silver is my favorite.

6. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

Love my Cement, but that Cavalry Blue is really something nice as well.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  7. Tacomatic

Tacomatic Active Member

Cement, fully loaded! Life's too short to deprive yourself of little pleasures ;)

TacoRyder, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

MGM all the way!

Crawdad and WooD like this.
  9. jduval99

jduval99 New Member

Black. They look bad ass murdered out. Never loses its appeal. This pic was the day after I got my 19. Fully loaded. 20181116_165154.jpeg

10. Atomic Diesel

Atomic Diesel Well-Known Member

Silver double cab long bed..... it’s what all the cool and incredibly well hung Taco drivers do

efinkens1, B-Man and kp.taco like this.
  11. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Damn.. Mines a short bed

B-Man and Atomic Diesel like this.
  12. Atomic Diesel

Atomic Diesel Well-Known Member

Keep pullin on it. It’ll stretch

Cape taco, B-Man, WooD and 2 others like this.
  13. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

What's the main reason for trading in? If it's just the offroad package then I'd just keep what you have.

14. kp.taco

Why trade 1 turd gen for another.. Idk.. Sometimes I wish I had the locker but I wouldnt trade trucks for that reason.

B-Man, whippersnapper02 and Crawdad like this.
  15. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I have the Sport, one day it'll get lockers (and gears) that I can engage whenever I want... not just in 4L under 10mph... lol
    Makes more sense to me too... haha

B-Man and kp.taco like this.
  16. WooD

WooD WooD

[​IMG]

Scott Wyman, Crawdad and B-Man like this.
  17. WooD

WooD WooD

Congrats on the soon to be new truck.

I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park with my lowly MGM... AKA dark gray SR5 4x4 V6.

I rekon I was Tacoma ignorant when I bought mine. I saw a bunch in the lot with stickers on the bed, but didn't pay much attention.

Just told the sales dude I wanted a access cab 4x4 V6 dark gray long bed truck.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Lil G, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  18. whippersnapper02

Well the 2nd gen Sports have stronger axles. Toyota swapped that around for the 3rd gens but still sometimes there's no need for the offroad stuff.

Scott Wyman, B-Man and kp.taco like this.
  19. kp.taco

So the turd gen sport has a different axle than the 2nd gen sport?

20. whippersnapper02

Yeah they revamped rear axles. Looks like 8" for non offroads and 8.75" for offroads and pros. Not sure if the ring gear is actually larger or if the carrier bearings are just larger like before so they call it 8.75".

21. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

And manuals. Lol

Still don't know the difference, just know it has it... haha

Scott Wyman and whippersnapper02 like this.