2nd gen suspension upgrades

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Ethan Rutledge, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Ethan Rutledge

Ethan Rutledge New Member

I want to buy a leveling kit for my pre runner, I know the bilstein 5100s are recommended everywhere I just was wondering if there's anything I need to buy for the rear while I'm at it?? I don't want to lift it at all, just level it. Pardon the lack of knowledge.

OR17TRD likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Nothing needed for the rear if you are just leveling.

OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  4. OP
    Ethan Rutledge

Ethan Rutledge New Member

If I do decide to lift it down the road, what's the best option for a 3 inch?

5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

You can use those 5100s up front with Eibach coils and a rear progressive AAL but you will need new rear shocks. Also front upper controls arms to get alignment right.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

For 3" id go ome and avoid all preloading.

Keep in mind 5100 rear shocks will tame the ride a little. The stock setup is garbage and hops around, especially on bridge expansion joints.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

King OEM performance series
    Or... save some money with OME 887 coils and the bilstein 5100’s set to 0 up front. 5100’s in the back and an AAL or a Dakar pack but that might give you close to a factory rack so it might be a little higher in the rear. Not a bad thing IMO.