3 in h lifts going 265 75 16ser

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jwright, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Jwright

Jwright Member

Any pics with that combo

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You don't need a 3" lift with 265/75/16.

4. QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

I was going to stick with the 265 16 on mine but decided to go up to a rim size to 17" 265 70 17. 3" lift might look out of proportion with that tire size. I have a 2" lift.

msouthall and OR17TRD like this.
  5. OR17TRD

You can run that tire on stock.
    Welcome to the forum. :)

6. QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

You can but I got a slight rub on front drivers wheelwell when turn up an approach, you could take a heat gun to the plastic and mold it a bit to remedy the rubbing or shave it.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

I had that until I took my mud flaps off.

8. QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Went with Bilstein 5100 all around and a 1.5" block in the rear. Didn't want to have a stiffer ride with AAL, I don't need the extra load capacity.

9. QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Prior to the lift stock suspension with the 265 70 17

Attached Files:

Lnu Taco and OR17TRD like this.
  10. OR17TRD

Replacing the entire leaf pack is best. AAL and blocks have their pro/cons.

11. QSTaco

QSTaco Active Member

Yes I agree I am thinking about switching over to the AAL. Just don't want to compromise the smooth ride. Is there a soft leaf?

12. OR17TRD

Skyjacker has a Softride AAL I think it will add about 2-2.5" though.
    I'd go dakar and ditch the AAL, block and stock leaf all together. Especially with the bilstein 5100's. I'm sure you'd be happy.

13. longshore

longshore Well-Known Member

I was concerned about the stiff ride I heard about from the guys who put on Dakars. Turned out it matches up real well with the 600lb coils that I have up front.

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Progressive aal.... wheelers, icon, etc. 3 or more thin leafs are more compliant than a single thick leaf. Been there, done that.