3 inch lift on 5lug Tacoma

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Bane, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Bane

Bane Active Member

I have a 2013 L4 cylinder 5lug base model. I'm looking for a 3 inch suspension lift to add ground clearance. I have my eye on a skyjacker kit but want to know what else is out there

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

Can you post a pic of your truck?

4. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

Google is your friend.

5. OP
    Bane

Bane Active Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1440206805.418393.jpg

Google still shows me the same links

6. OP
    Bane

Bane Active Member

Forgot to mention it's 2wd

7. Demo Man

I hate to tell you bud. Your truck wouldn't look right lifted. It's not made for that. Lowering it yes. But lifted wouldn't do you any good. I'm not even sure they make a kit for your truck. If it was a prerunner(2wd) then you have so many options. Because it's on the same frame as the 4x4. Plus it's a 6 lug. If you by chance do find a lift kit for it post pics. I'm interested to see how it would look.

texastacoma likes this.
  8. Demo Man

Check out tacomaworld. There is a thread on there you may like. 5-lug suspension setup thread. That's the title. Keep us posted. Good luck.

9. OP
    Bane

Bane Active Member

I don't plan on lifting it anytime soon, maybe in a few months

10. Demo Man

It's all good. Just do some research and figure out what you want while your waiting.

11. BillK

BillK Well-Known Member

Actually, I've seen a few 5 lug trucks that have been lifted that look pretty good. Think of a PreRunner without the fender flares. As was mentioned, check out Tacoma World and you'll find a little more information

12. Demo Man

From what I saw the max tire size is 31". But I'm sure it looks good being that small of a truck.

13. OP
    Bane

Bane Active Member

Thanks and I plan on sticking with with stock tire size, and 15" aluminum wheels

14. born2ride619

born2ride619 Active Member