33" tires with 6" lift?

I read somewhere that it's not good to put anything over 18s on a Taco. But you guys are putting 20s on. Was this bull what I heard

I have 16s on my truck right now. If I went up to 18s and put a bigger beefier tire on the rim, that would be noticeably higher,,, right??? My only issue is I have just a couple of grand to work with

Tire diameter can't get much bigger without lifting your truck. Rim size shouldn't have any affect

Thanx man. So I probably can't do anything with 2 grand, can I?
My wheels now are 16s. With a basic Dunlop AT. I don't remember the dimensions but it's the smallest AT tire Toyota puts on a 2013 4x4
Would you you recommend something

I got my rims and tires for about 1600. U should go to americas tire co. and see what they can do for u. If u plan in lifting it, u should wait so u can put the bigger tires

Thanx Cwarner ill Check that out. I may just need to keep saving. I don't need it to look like a monster truck. Will 20 in he rims hurt the truck? If so I'll go with 18s. I can see this is gonna be expensive. I imagine I'll have to beef up the shocks

I'm not sure 20" would hurt your truck. Don't see why it would, other than they're maybe heavier. Sure you'd be fine though. I think it looks better with smaller rim/ bigger tire. Not into the big rims look personally

Certain lifts require different rim size once you get up into the 6" check with the manufacture of lift pro comp requires min 18" rim to clear steering knuckle

Back