3rd Gen nerf bars?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by J.R., Feb 11, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Active Member

Hey can anyone suggest some good nerf bars for the Tacoma? They don’t have to be steps, I’m just not finding many options online.

Do a lot of guys get them custom built?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

You just have to shop around, rago and nfab makes pretty good ones

Bogunn and J.R. like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

If you can spend a little more and get actual rocksliders.

WEX likes this.
  5. OP
    J.R.

J.R. Active Member

What are some good ones?

6. OR17TRD

Tacomania, Bogunn and J.R. like this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Tacomania and OR17TRD like this.
  8. OR17TRD

It gets extra spendy when you have a long bed and want the kick out and have it powder coated. :confused:

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Sliders get more abuse than any other armor imo.
    Even on dirt roads and clear trails, ur gunna launch rocks at em which causes damage.
    Id rather rattle can than worry about touching up powder. Iirc powder cracks and can flake. A gouge here and there with paint takes 3 seconds and a few pennies.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  10. OR17TRD

Powder so pretty though :oops: haha

Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  11. Bojangles

Just speakething from experience.

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

I agree when I get mine I’ll save the money order it raw and rattle can it... pink :eek:

Bojangles likes this.
  13. Bojangles

I mean, parking lots alone ive had 3 doors chip paint on mine, and 1 dented a slider. I laugh it off when i see it (once right in the ladies face). I would be pissed if i just went to the local fritterhouse and came out to chipped powdercoat.

Trailwise, i dont have mudflaps because those bend backwards on the highway and damage ur paint anyhow. So ive got alot of "textured" paint areas on my sliders... hammered black spraypaint makes it look even.

whippersnapper02, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  14. islandfellow

islandfellow Member

Check out realtruck they have a great selection at all prices points. I can't post a link since I'm the new guy :)

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.