4.0-Gas Mileage 2WD

Silver Streak

King of the hill :~)
What is the gas mileage you folks are getting on a 2WD with the 4.0 crew cab, short bed, 17" wheels with automatic trans...

Last edited:
What is the gas mileage you folks are getting on a 2WD with the 4.0 crew cab, short bed, 17" wheels with automatic trans...

Couldn't say since I don't own one. However, I do own a 4WD 4.0 Access cab, reg bed, 16" wheels with 6 speed manual and get 19.4 average MPG w/out A/C on. The past 2 weeks it's been running about a 100° when I drive home from work in the afternoon's so run my A/C and get on average about 18.9 MPG driving home. My mileage varies from 18~21 MPG depends on how I shift and how fast I drive on the highway. Anything over 65 the mileage goes to crap. Rearend ratio of 3.73 and final 6th gear ratio of .85 is the problem.

Thanks for the reply!

Do not drive that much, still working on my second tank after the fill-up at the dealership. Was not able to get a correct mileage on the odometer with the first tank. So I will post up my first MPG in several more days.

No problem. A nice little tool to use is at http://www.fuelly.com
Easy way to keep track of your MPG's, I use it everytime I fill-up. 32 fill-ups so far and counting. Keeps track of how much I've spent, average cost, mileage, gallons consumed, etc. Gives you charts and graphs as well. All you enter is mileage, gallons and cost per gallon, program does the rest. Great way to keep track of your usage and mileage.

No problem. A nice little tool to use is at http://www.fuelly.com
Easy way to keep track of your MPG's, I use it everytime I fill-up. 32 fill-ups so far and counting. Keeps track of how much I've spent, average cost, mileage, gallons consumed, etc. Gives you charts and graphs as well. All you enter is mileage, gallons and cost per gallon, program does the rest. Great way to keep track of your usage and mileage.

And for anyone who's the smartphone type like myself, fuelly also has an app for the iphone. Not sure about android though.

And for anyone who's the smartphone type like myself, fuelly also has an app for the iphone. Not sure about android though.

I use the one for the android, it works great. I am getting about 16.8 mpg with my truck and my Mazda 3 I am getting about 31 mpg.

Automatic.com I use plugs into your OBD port and can also clear engine codes and track mpg and how much gas you use they have it for iPhone and android. Works great love it !!!!

Yeah it defiantly will help, I'm hoping to go to 35s sometime next summer, I'm not sure what gears to go to tho, what were you thinking

05 PreRunner 4x2 long bed on 17"Cranks 285/70/17 Nitto Trails, 6" lift Maxtrac + Icons Ext. up front, Icon Resi's rear, Devar leafs, 18.1 city, 20 Hwy. on stock gears. Going to re-gear to 4.56 then go to 35's so I hope it stays at 18 but I must say this truck is mall certified and gets very little off road use BUT DAMN IT I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS and if I wanted to go I could but right now it's my DD so I must maintain.

Back