4009th time you’ve been asked!

inferno75

Ok members...I am going to do a 2 1/2 inch front and 2 inch rear leveling kit on my 2016 taco sport this spring / summer. Question you have probably (definitely) answered time and time again...what can I fit for wheels and tires with no trimming or cab chop? I want to do 17/ 18 inch wheels with Achilles dessert hawk xmt’s or nitto ridge grapplers. Let’s hear it from the pros!

Ok members...I am going to do a 2 1/2 inch front and 2 inch rear leveling kit on my 2016 taco sport this spring / summer. Question you have probably (definitely) answered time and time again...what can I fit for wheels and tires with no trimming or cab chop? I want to do 17/ 18 inch wheels with Achilles dessert hawk xmt’s or nitto ridge grapplers. Let’s hear it from the pros!
It might not be that many times you’re close though.
With stock wheels 265/75/17 if they make that size in those tires. Or 265/70/18 They’re both going to be 32.6x10.4” and would be ok with that lift.
If you’re going wider with 285’s you’ll need a 0 or a -6 offset wheel. Biggest you could go is 285/65/18 or 285/70/17. You will have to take the mud flaps off get a good alignment done and you’ll have some rubbing at full lock when hitting bumps ie entering slopped driveways, turning over speed bumps, hitting pot holes while turning. If you off road you might want to chop and cut with those tires or deal with the rubbing.
That’s the biggest tires you can fit.
Tires that won’t rub guaranteed 265/70/17 and 265/65/18. They might look small with 2.5” lift. Those wont rub on stock trucks. Lol

With stock wheels 265/75/17 if they make that size in those tires. Or 265/70/18 They’re both going to be 32.6x10.4” and would be ok with that lift.
If you’re going wider with 285’s you’ll need a 0 or a -6 offset wheel. Biggest you could go is 285/65/18 or 285/70/17. You will have to take the mud flaps off get a good alignment done and you’ll have some rubbing at full lock when hitting bumps ie entering slopped driveways, turning over speed bumps, hitting pot holes while turning. If you off road you might want to chop and cut with those tires or deal with the rubbing.
Tires that won’t rub guaranteed 265/70/17 and 265/65/18. They might look small with 2.5” lift. Those wont rub on stock trucks. Lol

Ty for that wealth of knowledge kind sir

Another question or17trd...can I fit an 18x9 with a 0 offset
Yes... but that’s the widest I’d go with 285’s and on these trucks. 285’s are 11.2” wide and with a 9” wide rim the bead is going to be a little weaker. 8” is good 8.5” is ok 9” is pushing it IMO.

Reactions: 4wd
Ty bud...I took a look around and most of the wheels I would consider are 9 inch...8 inch wheels are far and few between

Yep @OR17TRD knows his tires and wheel back spacing that's for sure..

Next question or17trd...as far as a 0 offset goes...does that make the bowl/deep lip more on the inside of the wheel or the outside? I just don’t want to order wheels and have them look the opposite of what I want

Last edited:
Next question or17trd...as far as a 0 offset goes...does that make the bowl/deep lip more on the inside of the wheel or the outside? I just don’t want to order wheels and have them look the opposite of what I want
Offset of 0 means it’s equal. You should have the same distance in “bowl/deep lip” a negative offset would cause the “bowl/deep lip” to be seen more on the outside. Like your first “I want” picture. A positive offset would make the wheel look like your second “I don’t want” picture.

Back