6 inch fab tech anyone?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by DayneR, Oct 2, 2013.

1. DayneR

DayneR Member

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. MGMTacoLover

MGMTacoLover Well-Known Member

Nice truck dude but I just seem have to have a bad taste for fabtech I am more of a 3 inch lift guy

4. OP
    DayneR

DayneR Member

I can barely tell a Tacoma is lifted when it has a 3inch.

5. KennyF

KennyF Well-Known Member

That's low.

6. OP
    DayneR

DayneR Member

Oh no I wasn't trying to be low about it!! I'm just sayin, 3inch lift is not that noticeable on a Tacoma.. I notice 3 inch 3 1/2 inch lifts on other trucks but for some reason on a taco it just doesn't show very well.

7. OP
    DayneR

DayneR Member

What brand lifts do you like?

8. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

6 inch is too much on such a small truck but that's my option.

I do know that my buddy works for Fabtech and he wouldn't run anything of theirs on his truck. :thumbsup:

9. OP
    DayneR

DayneR Member

I've had fab tech on the truck for a year. It doesn't rub or anything. I've heard of other getting tough country and having no problems either. 6 inch on a Tacoma looks way diff then a 6 inch on say a ford. It's the body style idk.. But I agree 6 inch is about the max. It looks dumb when people start doin a 6inch suspension with a 3inch body... Way too much.

10. OP
    DayneR

DayneR Member

11. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 Well-Known Member

Bit too high for my tastes, but I dont think it looks too bad at all. Nice rimmies.

12. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

I have a 3in body lift with 2.5 Billy's up front and a 2in AAl in the back on 33s and I love the way it sits, not to high but still looks different.

13. KennyF

KennyF Well-Known Member

I used to own a Silverado up until a year ago. When I got my Taco, to me, it seemed just as high off the ground as the Chevy. I like that. I do have the same tires as the Chevy; 265-75-16's. As soon as I get some extra money, I'm going to do that 5100 lift.

14. MGMTacoLover

I personally like the toytec ultimate lift, OME,King, Icon

15. Tacomanation

Tacomanation New Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1398485193.887943.jpg
    6" fab tech rides great

16. whippersnapper02

People also say spacer lifts ride great but they don't. The driver has just never been in a properly lifted vehicle.

17. MGMTacoLover

Dude what are you talking about? Spacers ride so sumptuous and smooth, hell they feel like you are riding you are riding on a cloud of hard rocks lol.

18. whippersnapper02

Lol. I was used to torsion bar suspension with my Ranger so I bet everything rides better than that did.

19. MGMTacoLover

Torsion bar doesn't ride bad at stock level but when its cranked up it really sucks.