95 Tacoma with P0401 code. replaced egr ,cleaned all passages, throttle body , still have code.

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by Richard Powell, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Richard Powell

Richard Powell New Member

indicates P0401 code, replaced egr, cleaned all passages, throttle body, cleaned mass air flow sensor, still hav e code. Any suggestions

Eric8035 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Replace the DPFE sensor?

4. speeddemonrs

speeddemonrs New Member

I was getting that same code and was able to trace it to a cracked fuel tank filler tube that created an issue with the fuel tank sending a vacuum leak error to the computer causing the error code. I also noticed a faint smell of gas at the driver's door. Once I replaced the tube and/or seals (had it done at a local shop) - both the smell and the error code went away.

B-Man and OR17TRD like this.