98 tacoma 2.4L 5 spd clutch problem

Hello I have a 98 tacoma and I changed the fluid in my clutch. After replacing the fluid I noticed the clutch was engaging about 1 inch off the floor. If you depress the clutch and hold it floored the clutch will start engaging the engine like there is a leak in the hydraulics. I have bled the system approximately 5 times, 3 times with a vacuum bleeder, and two times the old school way with two people. (depress the clutch and bleed the line). I have also checked the pedal free play and set it up by the 98 tacoma service manual. I have also checked the master and slave cylinders for leaking. (by pulling off the boots and inspecting for fluid.) All the things done up to now was for not. (The clutch is still the same). I have ordered a new master, slave, and hose and will be replacing it. My guess as to whats wrong is the master cylinder is leaking. What do you folks think?

Only one thread needed man. This site is not busy and most people here don't know much so that's why you aren't getting an answer.

I had issues like this with my Ranger and was replacing the master, slave and clutch every year because of it. You have a 98 so more than likely your slave and/or master are dead or dying.

Back