A 4x4's purpose.

BIRDSLAYER

Is it just me? Or does it grind anybody else's gears when you see a 4wd (especially our beloved toyotas) fubar. By this I mean lowering it, or throwing low profile wheels that would be more appropriate on a car. I wanted to take a pic of this monstrosity of a 4runner I saw a lil bit ago. Sittin on 22's chrome of course! With what looked like a cm of clearance. It was actually a lil funny. Wish I had my phone out.[emoji90]

Pavement princesses. To each their own. Although I agree a 4x4 is wasted when mods like that are done. Makes since on a 2x4 in the city if that's your thing. I also feel the same when I see a slammed Subaru with zero ground clearance... what a waste of vehicular ability.

That's why Toyota makes the x runner.. Lowering a 4x4 Tacoma or putting on 20+inch wheels is hideous IMO there is a lot of that around where I live though.

I figure a stock Taco is what your talking about
Ok well let's really see
I have a scrap Biz & have another scrap pickup truck
But as I use my Taco , I will toss in things to the pickup bed for transfer later to my carefree Old Dodge
So will you use your truck Same way ?
As it stands my truck pulls 26 MPG and when needed 4x4 handles all that comes the way of normal use from Mud to snow
& I live in the North east , so no joke our winters .Some times I see done up truck's and I do admire but wonder how are they day in and day out
can you really use them and would you dare put my scrap in bed . Make no mistake my Taco is a truck & I use it as such

Attachments

• 20170325_083044.jpg
    20170325_083044.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 1.png
    1.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 56
That’s what the x runners are for. I never understood it either. Why take away from the capability of a 4X4? I guess each to their own.

Back