A friend sent this to me. He convinced my to buy my Tacoma

Yes. Amsoil since new, one clutch (complete) 3 sets of brakes, 3 serpentine belts, 4 alternator clutch assemblies (why they need a clutch on the alternator pulley is beyond me, but my 2018 V6 has one too), tires, one complete set of driveshaft U joints. Leaks no oil, burns no oil. Antifreeze changes. That's it.

He sent me pics a year or so back of the underneath of his truck. He lives in the UP (Michigan), salt capitol of the world. Truck is not undercoated, no rust. NONE, NONE, NONE. My 06 GMC had sheet rust on the frame. Slap the frame with your and and you were caught in raining rust.

Last edited:
Yes. Amsoil since new, one clutch (complete) 3 sets of brakes, 3 serpentine belts, 4 alternator clutch assemblies (why they need a clutch on the alternator pulley is beyond me, but my 2018 V6 has one too), tires, one completed of driveshaft U joints. Leaks no oil, burns no oil. Antifreeze changes. That's it.

He sent me pics a year or so back of the underneath of his truck. He lives in the UP (Michigan), salt capitol of the world. Truck is not undercoated, no rust. NONE, NONE, NONE. My 06 GMC had sheet rust on the frame. Slap the frame with your and and you were caught in raining rust.
And a low tire [emoji33]

That's awesome. Thats one of my reasons for going with a Toyota. I met a woman at a party that has a Highlander. 350K miles and 15 years later and never had a problem. I'm on my first Taco also. 2015. Just bought her a month ago. Welcome.

That's awesome. Thats one of my reasons for going with a Toyota. I met a woman at a party that has a Highlander. 350K miles and 15 years later and never had a problem. I'm on my first Taco also. 2015. Just bought her a month ago. Welcome.

I have serious doubt that these new V6 engines will ever last as long. Hell, my Dad got over 300K miles on his 62 Ford Galaxie 500 with a 292 V8 and a two speed cast iron slush box. The only thing he put on that car other than oil changes was a water pump, three batteries, one starter solenoid, one set of brakes, 8 valve adjustments (mechanical lifters in that engine) and one rebuilt transmission at 220K. The dealer when he bought the car told him the transmission was filled with 'lifetime fluid' (sound familiar??). The car chugged to a stop when flames shot out of the dipstick tube. It was the middle of winter 1976 with two feet of snow on the groud.

I pulled the transmission outside in the snow (had no garage large enough to work on the car inside). THAT'S when I discovered that the transmission was cast iron. Damn near broke my ribs when it came down on my chest.

Found an ATP trans major rebuild kit for it and a new torque converter in a transmission shop going out of business. Bought a used Motors transmission manual from the Motors Manual dealer and rebuilt it in 4 days. The trans ran like a top for years until the frame rusted thru over the drivers side rear wheel. That was the end of the car. Something like 311K on it in 1987 when it died.

Back