Abs problem after lift

The cable for the sensor got stretched during the lift. Happened to mine. Pulled the code with reader and found out which it was. Cut the jacket off the wire after I removed it and found the wires inside stretched and broken. Soldered back together and put electric tape back on them. Works fine e now. No light.

The cable for the sensor got stretched during the lift. Happened to mine. Pulled the code with reader and found out which it was. Cut the jacket off the wire after I removed it and found the wires inside stretched and broken. Soldered back together and put electric tape back on them. Works fine e now. No light.
The abs line? Mine truck only does it every so often, I was looking around and I guess there's something called yaw sensor or something just trying to see how people are fixing it

It could very well be the stability control doing it's job. My '08, at stock Prerunner height, would kick on the stability control when I drove hard into a turn. It would feel like the ABS kicking in because that was a component of it. It would shudder, slow the truck down, and it was very obvious. My '15 does it, but it is very subtle. It's almost unnoticeable, but the truck is still slowed down and it is obvious the stability control is stopping me from tossing the truck around.

I think my old one and new one are doing the same thing, it's just that they've refined the system so you don't hear and feel it like you used to.

Since you raised your truck, it will roll (body lean) at lower speeds, or roll (lean) more at the previous speed you are used to turning at. This likely is triggering the stability control which is saving you from yourself and that is what you feel.

You are not going to be beating any Miatas on an autocross course with a lifted truck, that is for sure.

As to whether you can change the settings, or disable the stability control, or if you should, I don't know.

Our new Freightliner tractors have stability control and it sucks. Any time I am on an entrance ramp, getting up to speed as I make my way through the turns of the ramp, the stability control kicks in and slams on the brakes. It just about brings the truck to a stop and now I have an angry mob of people stuck behind me as I try to re-accelerate 80,000 up to 65mph. There is no way to know where the limit is. If it decides that 35mph is too fast and I hit 36, it slams on the brakes. If I go 34 and it would have let me go 40, I have know way of knowing.

The abs line? Mine truck only does it every so often, I was looking around and I guess there's something called yaw sensor or something just trying to see how people are fixing it

My yaw sensor got knocked out of calibration, caused my trac off light to come on and disabled my trac off button, had to take it to the dealership for them to calibrate it...

My yaw sensor got knocked out of calibration, caused my trac off light to come on and disabled my trac off button, had to take it to the dealership for them to calibrate it...
How much did it cost you to get it recalibrated? Do you know where it's located?

It could very well be the stability control doing it's job. My '08, at stock Prerunner height, would kick on the stability control when I drove hard into a turn. It would feel like the ABS kicking in because that was a component of it. It would shudder, slow the truck down, and it was very obvious. My '15 does it, but it is very subtle. It's almost unnoticeable, but the truck is still slowed down and it is obvious the stability control is stopping me from tossing the truck around.

I think my old one and new one are doing the same thing, it's just that they've refined the system so you don't hear and feel it like you used to.

Since you raised your truck, it will roll (body lean) at lower speeds, or roll (lean) more at the previous speed you are used to turning at. This likely is triggering the stability control which is saving you from yourself and that is what you feel.

You are not going to be beating any Miatas on an autocross course with a lifted truck, that is for sure.

As to whether you can change the settings, or disable the stability control, or if you should, I don't know.

Our new Freightliner tractors have stability control and it sucks. Any time I am on an entrance ramp, getting up to speed as I make my way through the turns of the ramp, the stability control kicks in and slams on the brakes. It just about brings the truck to a stop and now I have an angry mob of people stuck behind me as I try to re-accelerate 80,000 up to 65mph. There is no way to know where the limit is. If it decides that 35mph is too fast and I hit 36, it slams on the brakes. If I go 34 and it would have let me go 40, I have know way of knowing.
That sucks. Our new KW's have sensors on the front for if you get close to the lines a buzzer goes off and if you get to close the the 4wheeler in front it activates the brakes. What PIA.

That sucks. Our new KW's have sensors on the front for if you get close to the lines a buzzer goes off and if you get to close the the 4wheeler in front it activates the brakes. What PIA.

Somehow we managed to avoid those. I'm sure you will hear a blood-curdling scream in 5 years when I get a new truck and it has that. Of course, the sensor doesn't know the difference between you getting too close or the 4 wheeler cutting in front of you, and I am sure by "too close" it means any time you are in normal downtown traffic. So, basically, I guess the thing just slams the brakes on all day long. This will ensure that ALL traffic behind you passes you and cuts in front of you because they sure as **** aren't going to stay behind you with all of that going on.

I was talking to one of the wrenches at the shop the other day (Ryder) and he was working on one of those sensors. A peace of retread got kicked up and hit the sensor on the truck he was working on. The driver was stuck until he figured out a way to duct tape the thing up so it would allow the truck to operate. The plastic bracket that holds the sensor had broken from the impact. The sensor costs like 6 grand and the bracket is integral to it. If you break the bracket they have to replace the whole sensor.

Between the "smart shift" transmission, traction control, stability control, lane and following distance control, and google self-driving cars, we are all pretty much screwed because you know all of this stuff will be mandated by the bleeding hearts who want to save the children and get paid off by the google lobbyists. In ten years you will need a special permit just to go to the grocery store and when you do, the NSA will follow every move of it. Their record of your every movement will, of course, be hacked by the chicoms and isis.

Somehow we managed to avoid those. I'm sure you will hear a blood-curdling scream in 5 years when I get a new truck and it has that. Of course, the sensor doesn't know the difference between you getting too close or the 4 wheeler cutting in front of you, and I am sure by "too close" it means any time you are in normal downtown traffic. So, basically, I guess the thing just slams the brakes on all day long. This will ensure that ALL traffic behind you passes you and cuts in front of you because they sure as **** aren't going to stay behind you with all of that going on.

I was talking to one of the wrenches at the shop the other day (Ryder) and he was working on one of those sensors. A peace of retread got kicked up and hit the sensor on the truck he was working on. The driver was stuck until he figured out a way to duct tape the thing up so it would allow the truck to operate. The plastic bracket that holds the sensor had broken from the impact. The sensor costs like 6 grand and the bracket is integral to it. If you break the bracket they have to replace the whole sensor.

Between the "smart shift" transmission, traction control, stability control, lane and following distance control, and google self-driving cars, we are all pretty much screwed because you know all of this stuff will be mandated by the bleeding hearts who want to save the children and get paid off by the google lobbyists. In ten years you will need a special permit just to go to the grocery store and when you do, the NSA will follow every move of it. Their record of your every movement will, of course, be hacked by the chicoms and isis.
Lmao. You are right about that. Luckily I'm still in a 2004 international with the cummins motor. Less then a mil for mileage. I've had it since day 1. Love being a local driver. I'll take my 10 speed over the new autos any day. They say if you going slow enough the sensor don't engage. Plus the stupid speaker is in the dash somewhere. There are a few drivers looking for it. I'm sure once they find it a pen will be inserted. But like you said. Damn 4wheeler doesn't want to be stuck behind the big truck. And since I haul doubles they really hate me. I'll get that rear trailer to wiggle and that's all it takes.

Back